Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

New Collector Help Identify Iron cross and dog tag?

Article about: Hello, thanks for looking. I for the last few years have started collecting war era items and recently came across a trove of items from a local man who had passed away and his estate was up

Default New Collector Help Identify Iron cross and dog tag?

Hello, thanks for looking. I for the last few years have started collecting war era items and recently came across a trove of items from a local man who had passed away and his estate was up for sale.If anyone could take a look at these two pictures and maybe help with it I would greatly appreciate it, I also will be posting lots of more items i have for people expert opinions. Thanks!!
    Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Collector Help Identify Iron cross and dog tag?   New Collector Help Identify Iron cross and dog tag?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Collector Help Identify Iron cross and dog tag?
    P
    Many

Default Re: New Collector Help Identify Iron cross and dog tag?

Hi Robert, welcome to the forum!

The Iron Cross is a 1939 version, second class.

This type of tag I have not actually seen before, but it would appear to be quite literally a "dog tag". Not worn by a soldier but by a hound. Some kind of dog licence? I don't know? Hopefully someone here will be able to tell you more?

The ring is typical 1930's/1940's.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks for your timely response Ade, very helpful.But now the dog tag has me more curious lol

i found a german ( I believe ) link of the name on this tag...but i cant seem to find a way to translate it in a somewhat reasonable way.. but here is the link if anyone wants to try a shot if they know german. Thanks
    Here is the link.

Landkreis Braunau ? Wikipedia

thanks for anyones help !!! this site is looking more and more like the best site ive found in a while....thank god!!!

Robert

Hi Robert, here is a translation of the page for you:

Google Translate

Glad you are enjoying the forum.

Cheers, Ade.

Hello

I would say it´s a dog tax tag for 1944 year.

Paul