Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Photos of my Oma's Found

Article about: So today I was looking through a couple old munitions crates and tucked under a slab of loose wood were the attached photos. Had not seen them and they must have been tucked or fell behind t

?

Default New Photos of my Oma's Found

So today I was looking through a couple old munitions crates and tucked under a slab of loose wood were the attached photos. Had not seen them and they must have been tucked or fell behind the loosely screwed wood chunk. One photo has my Oma with two soldiers and another German woman. Thought I would share.

Not able to translate what is written on the back but if someone fluent and who can read handwriting can please give me a lens on any names and what is written on back that would be great. I know some of the soldiers are cousins of hers I believe.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photos of my Oma's Found   New Photos of my Oma's Found  

New Photos of my Oma's Found   New Photos of my Oma's Found  

New Photos of my Oma's Found  
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photos of my Oma's Found
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Awesome photos Rossi! Some of them are quite dashing! (What an old word). They really did have great looking uniforms. And such a great mix as well. I particularly like the Afrika Korp/tropical and the flieger blouse photos

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Yeah Michael it was weird to find these. I was messing around with 3 munitions crates for my war room and had not opened them in years. Happened to see a gap and slid behind this block of wood were the pics. The last photo with 2 two ladies and the soldiers with back of photo marked 507 is her (between the two men) and hope to see what is written above the letters 507. I have other photo albums in my collection that I have bought. The one thing Oma told me was that my Grandfather was extremely jealous of all the German Soldiers she knew and dated. So post war he asked if she would throw the albums away. She did. There were lots of great pictures of her with Soldiers that I will never see so to see one was an amazing and unexpected find. I have lots with her and Grandpa in Germany after the war but this was the only one I ever saw with photos of soldiers.

It just got better. Dad and I actually found 1 more picture I forgot to photograph and realized it is her with another solider and to the far left the older lady with the white pearl looking necklace is my Great Grandmother Weber. So it even gets better as I have few pictures of her. She was the lady who hid the young Jewish Boy after the SS left him along side the road for dead at wars end. My Dad told me just now that the guy way to the far right with the Teddy Bear was her brother Wik who was in the war as well
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photos of my Oma's Found   New Photos of my Oma's Found  

Amazing finds Rossi its good to find old family photos

Matt

Here's what the captions say:

• "Urlaub vom 30.7.41 b. [= bis] 14.8.41." = "Leave from 30 July 41 to 14 Aug. 41."
    • "Zur Erinnerung an die Stunden die wir in Neuötting verbrachten" = "As a memory of the time [literally "hours"] we spent at Neuötting, followed by a signature. I think it is "Gerd".
    • "Zum ewigen Andenken" = "As an everlasting memory", followed by a signature. First name is "Alfred", not quite sure about the surname.
    • "[...] Andenken Martin Dorfmeister Haardorf. Osterhofner Zeitung 4.3 x 8 cm" = "[...] memory Martin Dorfmeister Haardorf. "Osterhofner Zeitung" means/is the newspaper for Osterhofen. Sorry; can't make out that first line written in pencil.
    • "Zum treuen Ankenken! Martin" = "As a faithful memory! Martin"
    • "Zur Erinnerung an den 1. Mai in Pocking" = "As a memory of 1 May in Pocking"

Neuötting is in Upper Bavaria. Pocking, Haardorf and Osterhofen are all in Lower Bavaria; the vilage of Haardorf is part of the municipality of Osterhofen. Incidentally, Pocking is the birthplace and childhood home of my maternal grandfather.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post

• "Urlaub vom 30.7.41 b. [= bis] 14.8.41." = "Leave from 30 July 41 to 14 Aug. 41."
    • "Zur Erinnerung an die Stunden die wir in Neuötting verbrachten" = "As a memory of the time [literally "hours"] we spent at Neuötting, followed by a signature. (Could be "Gerd".)
    • "Zum ewigen Andenken" = "As an everlasting memory", followed by a signature. First name is "Alfred", not quite sure about the surname.
    • "[...] Andenken Martin Dorfmeister Haardorf. Osterhofner Zeitung 4.3 x 8 cm" = "[...] memory Martin Dorfmeister Haardorf. "Osterhofner Zeitung" means/is the newspaper for Osterhofen.

Neuötting is in Upper Bavaria. Pocking, Haardorf and Osterhofen are all in Lower Bavaria; the vilage of Haardorf is part of the municipality of Osterhofen.
    Thank you so much! Greatly appreciate you translating for me!

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post

• "Zur Erinnerung an die Stunden die wir in Neuötting verbrachten" = "As a memory of the time [literally "hours"] we spent at Neuötting, followed by a signature. I think it is "Gerd".
    • "[...] Andenken Martin Dorfmeister Haardorf. Osterhofner Zeitung 4.3 x 8 cm" = "[...] memory Martin Dorfmeister Haardorf. "Osterhofner Zeitung" means/is the newspaper for Osterhofen. Sorry; can't make out that first line written in pencil.

Neuötting is in Upper Bavaria. Pocking, Haardorf and Osterhofen are all in Lower Bavaria; the vilage of Haardorf is part of the municipality of Osterhofen. Incidentally, Pocking is the birthplace and childhood home of my maternal grandfather.
    WOW! Sorry...I missed this part. I have been to Pocking with Oma and Opa I believe when I was in my teens, Had my first Beer at age 12 in Neuötting with Opa, Dad and Uncle Adolf Weber. Your Grandfather was from Pocking? I also have been to Haardorf / Osterhofen with Opa and he bought a bunch of our collection there when I was with him and 15 years old.. Pretty Cool stuff

P.S. A strong warm German Beer at age 12 was like poison...I puked for a day

Quote by Rossi View Post
    WOW! Sorry...I missed this part. I have been to Pocking with Oma and Opa I believe when I was in my teens, Had my first Beer at age 12 in Neuötting with Opa, Dad and Uncle Adolf Weber. Your Grandfather was from Pocking? I also have been to Haardorf / Osterhofen with Opa and he bought a bunch of our collection there when I was with him and 15 years old.. Pretty Cool stuff

P.S. A strong warm German Beer at age 12 was like poison...I puked for a day
    You have an advantage over me... I've never been to Pocking myself! Yes, he was born and raised there and attended school in Pocking until 1930, when he was 16. In 1931, he took up an apprenticeship with a baker at Passau and in 1933 joined the army, where he was garrisoned first at Passau and later at Landshut. Eventually, this would also become his permanent post-war place of residence and thus my birthplace and hometown. I did a thread on him a while back: One soldier's story in pictures

PS: Serves you right for drinking warm beer!

New Photos of my Oma's FoundNew Photos of my Oma's Found

the info below seems to be for the same man:

Nachname: Dorfmeister

Vorname: Martin

Dienstgrad: Gefreiter

Geburtsdatum: 18.01.1918

Geburtsort: Haardorf

Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 31.01.1942

Todes-/Vermisstenort: V.Mostki

Martin Dorfmeister has not yet been transferred to a military cemetery established by the Volksbund .

According to the information available to us, his grave is still at the following location : Mostki / Spasskaya Polist - Russia

?

Quote by slados28 View Post
    New Photos of my Oma's FoundNew Photos of my Oma's Found

the info below seems to be for the same man:
    Slados...Thanks so much for digging on this. You guys are awesome!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast