Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Norvegian SS recruiting poster

Article about: Hi what do you think about this, printed on thick almost cardboard type paper? Too good to be true? Rgds Jan

Jan
    ?

Default Norvegian SS recruiting poster

Hi what do you think about this, printed on thick almost cardboard type paper? Too good to be true?

Rgds Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Norvegian SS recruiting poster   Norvegian SS recruiting poster  

Attached Images Attached Images Norvegian SS recruiting poster 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Norvegian SS recruiting poster
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Norvegian SS recruiting poster

Jan it has the look of old paper I would frame it.

Jan
    ?

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Jan it has the look of old paper I would frame it.
    It´s for sale here in Finland, any suggestions what I should look for when going to see it before buying?

Rgds Jan

I do like the look of the varies posters of WW2.......However there is little to help in determining age--Unless you want to pay for laboratory tests! or you have spent a good length of time collecting these) I will say, And its only my opinion! I don't like the Reverse of the Poster. Ageing does not look right for me. You might want to Locate a Collector of posters-I don't no any) who might be able to give you more of a insight of a period piece. The posters I have seen on threads are Normally on Thinner paper.

?

Jan I can't tell you if this poster is real or fake, but I will say that it does have some age. I will show you a WWII US poster that I have. This poster sat in a attic for 60 some odd years. Where the light and air could get to the paper it has changed colors. Just like the back of the poster you are showing.

?

sorry here are the photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Norvegian SS recruiting poster   Norvegian SS recruiting poster  

Jan
    ?

Thanks, looks exactly the same yes paper with no bleaching added should behave that way.. I ll give it a good see through whwn i have it in my hands.

Rgds Jan

Hi Jan, I don't honestly know.

I do like the general look to it and it appears to have some age. I would lean more towards it being original than fake.

But I know my Flemish SS recruiting poster was printed on fairly thin paper.

All I can suggest is an in hand inspection with a strong glass and a blacklight.

Cheers, Ade.

Jan
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

I do like the general look to it and it appears to have some age. I would lean more towards it being original than fake.

All I can suggest is an in hand inspection with a strong glass and a blacklight.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks will send it to a museum for investigation. I guess its the best way

Rgds fom 80 cm:s of snow!

Jan

Jan
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

Cheers, Ade.
    Got the poster today, paper seems very old and brittle and smells as it should. What should I look at with the magnifying glass?

Best regards Jan

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast