Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Old German handwriting....

Article about: Hi, Having difficulties with this hand writing... Any idea about the contents and location? Thank you, Neil

Default Old German handwriting....

Hi,

Having difficulties with this hand writing...
    Any idea about the contents and location?

Thank you,
    Neil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Old German handwriting....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Old German handwriting....
    P
    Many

The "Minutes" of a meeting, concerning the various installation and plumbing issues in modifying a building, ...I see the word "Gottesdienst" meaning Church Services...
    That's all I could decipher, perhaps someone else can add to my admittedly sparse info...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 11-29-2015 at 11:28 PM.

Many thanks Glenn!

It's a protocol of the board meeting of some association or community, apparantly a Jewish one:

One of the attendees was a Rabbi named Dr. Kaatz.

The first two paragraphs deal with the cost for an outside door and the decision to have water- and waste water pipes and, if possible, a toilet installed in the attic floor.

The third paragraph has the bit about religious services as mentioned by Glenn: It deals with the offer by one Mr. Strauss to provide one of the rooms in his appartment to be used for weekday religious services. He also offered the use of another room that could be created by separating a section of his hallway; an offer that was gladly accepted by the board.

The fourth paragraph is about plans to offer an English language course for adults, which was to be announced in the next circular.

The fifth has to do with some new regulations restricting the community's autonomy, which were discussed at length.

At 7 P.M., the meeting was closed; it was continued at 3:30 P.M. the next Wednesday with the same attendees present.

Many Thanks, Andreas! I missed the Jewish-connection completely!
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    The "Minutes" of a meeting, concerning the various installation and plumbing issues in modifying a building, ...I see the word "Gottesdienst" meaning Church Services...
    That's all I could decipher, perhaps someone else can add to my admittedly sparse info...
    cheers, Glenn

Very nice, clear Sutterlin. A pleasure to see.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    cheers, Glenn
    and, dare I add the members of the group are Jews, as a rabbi is mentioned, and the names are sufficiently non Aryan to justify the assessment.

Oops, I did not see HPL2008 as ever fine analysis. He is such a fine pillar of our effort. Bravo.

Thank you very very much for the help! Much appreciated!