Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Old germany books just before the start of ww2 - post war .

Article about: Hi all picked up these books who belonged to a local persons relative that fled germany during ww2 with not much else but these books .I don't think they are war related but I'm unsure about

Default Old germany books just before the start of ww2 - post war .

Hi all picked up these books who belonged to a local persons relative that fled germany during ww2 with not much else but these books .I don't think they are war related but I'm unsure about the book with the iron cross decoration on it ??? any help would be great if anyone recognises it .It appears to not be dated as does the red covered book . I love the 1000 word english translation book from 1937 classic . well if anyone can help me out with these books would be great .

Old germany books just before the start of ww2 - post war .Old germany books just before the start of ww2 - post war .Old germany books just before the start of ww2 - post war .Old germany books just before the start of ww2 - post war .Old germany books just before the start of ww2 - post war .Old germany books just before the start of ww2 - post war .Old germany books just before the start of ww2 - post war .Old germany books just before the start of ww2 - post war .Old germany books just before the start of ww2 - post war .Old germany books just before the start of ww2 - post war .Old germany books just before the start of ww2 - post war .Old germany books just before the start of ww2 - post war .Old germany books just before the start of ww2 - post war .Old germany books just before the start of ww2 - post war .Old germany books just before the start of ww2 - post war .Old germany books just before the start of ww2 - post war .Old germany books just before the start of ww2 - post war .Old germany books just before the start of ww2 - post war .Old germany books just before the start of ww2 - post war .Old germany books just before the start of ww2 - post war .Old germany books just before the start of ww2 - post war .Old germany books just before the start of ww2 - post war .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Old germany books just before the start of ww2 - post war .
    P
    Many

Quote by matthewtanner View Post
    I don't think they are war related but I'm unsure about the book with the iron cross decoration on it ??? any help would be great if anyone recognises it .
    Its title "Der jüngste Tag. Novellen aus dem Krieg" translates as "Judgment Day. Novellas from the War"; interestingly, the interior title page has the subtitle as "Novellen aus unserem Krieg", i.e. "Novellas from our War". The war in question is surely WWI.

The titles of the novellas as per the table of contents translate as:

- Judgment Day (pg. 5)
    - The Ring (pg. 13)
    - The Friend (pg. 33)
    - Legends from East Prussia (pg. 43), being:
    - The Husbands (pg. 45)
    - The Patron Saint (pg. 48)
    - The strange Child (pg. 52)
    - In the Blue Angel (pg. 59)

Quite successful in his day, Kurt Münzer (1879 - 1944) was a Jewish author who had emigrated to Switzerland in 1933 after the Nazis' seizure of power.

See: Kurt Münzer (German language)

thank-you very much HPL much appreciated