Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Old School meets the New Boys on the Block..............

Article about: by DrPMC Does the man in the centre of the front row have a bandaged head? It looks like that he might have but the photo isn't so clear. I wondered also if he might also be a member of the

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    Does the man in the centre of the front row have a bandaged head? It looks like that he might have but the photo isn't so clear. I wondered also if he might also be a member of the SS - it seems to be a photo around the time the Nazis took power, when I understand the SS were wearing both the new and 'traditional' uniforms; it also looks like he might have black rather than brown breeches.
    Maybe a bandaged head, maybe just a high, shiny forehead.

I don't think he's SS, as he doesn't wear a black tie. Could be NSKK.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Old School meets the New Boys on the Block..............
    P
    Many

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I don't think he's SS, as he doesn't wear a black tie. Could be NSKK.
    Good point, I missed that.

He wears a brown tie, so he is possibly SA, maybe he is Motor-SA as he does wear an insignia beneath the armband.
    Amyway it looks if there is an insignia.
    His breeches seem to be a darker-brown and not black (compare with the black from the person next to him) and black
    should be worn within the Motor-SA anyway since 1933.
    He could be NSKK for the reason the NSKK did wear a brown tie until later 1935. His breeches should be black instead
    of brown or darker-brown. This was a general rule since 1934. I did check SA as well as NSKK regulations and Motor-SA.

If we would have a better photograph and know about the shade for the breeches, then we would possibly know for sure!

Hi

I have had another look at the picture to see if I can help with the debate on uniform but the original is very blurred, due to the subjects moving I reckon, so a better resolution will not assist I'm afraid.

There is another group shot of the same soldiers which is slightly better quality and I will scan it tonight and post.

Looking under the magnifer didn't help either as the insignia is not that clear, NSKK is likely because of the uniform and the fact
    that the RW unit are shown on motorbikes on the next page, maybe they are on manouvers together ?

cheers

Tony

Tony

Having re-scanned the pictures I am quietly confident that these new images will be no help what so ever !

Sorry the original are too blurred to scan at any high resolution that will assist.

The guy in the middle has the brown shirt and three pips on his left collar tab alongside a round officers belt......any help ?

cheers

Tony

Old School meets the New Boys on the Block..............Old School meets the New Boys on the Block..............Old School meets the New Boys on the Block..............

?

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Don't understand why this photo is in the cloth headgear section?
    Just me, or?
    I don't see any form of headgear here, just heads!
    Every body likes head.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2