Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Olympia SS typewriter

Article about: Hey guys..wasn't sure if this was the right spot for this or not...Ive seen an Olympia typewriter with the SS runes above the numeral 5 but am quite suspicious of its originality...does anyo

?

Default Olympia SS typewriter

Hey guys..wasn't sure if this was the right spot for this or not...Ive seen an Olympia typewriter with the SS runes above the numeral 5 but am quite suspicious of its originality...does anyone know what to look out for..serial number groups,particular markings etc and are these even faked?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Olympia SS typewriter
    P
    Many

You should look to make sure the SS stamp part is the same size as the other stamps for letters also it should show the same wear as the other keys,beware they do fake these

?

Thanks kradman,unfortunately I cant view the item as its on the other side of oz...the symbol on the key looks the same size as the other keys but im sure you mean the actual stamp..the unit does look in good condition from the poor photos supplied..price tag is 450 aus

The problem is without a hands on look it will be hard to tell , they do fake this key on some wartime type writters , by stamp i mean the part that hits the ribbon that prnits on the paper, making sure its the same size on all the letter stamps if that makes sense

?

Thanks again kradman..yeah I know what you mean..to expensive to travel over there to check and I have to admit the fact that the pictures were all out of focus made me suspicious...if you were going to sell something of that value you'd be pretty careful about the quality of the pictures you took,ill flag it..thanks for your advice!