Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on SS letters

Article about: I would like your opinions on these SS feldposts that I found on a Swedish auction site (Tradera.se). I am not interesting in buying them but they peaked my interest because for me they seem

?

Default Opinions on SS letters

I would like your opinions on these SS feldposts that I found on a Swedish auction site (Tradera.se). I am not interesting in buying them but they peaked my interest because for me they seem like fakes, and SS feldpost is one of the few SS things that I have never seen someone fake. This is just a theory of mine and I could very well be wrong, so it would be interesting to know what others think of it.

This first one is supposedly from the "Pionier Kompanie Panzer-Regiment 12. - 12 SS-Division". The letter has feldpost number 56903 and is post stamped 14.10.44. Here is on that feldpostnumber:

12.3.1943-7.9.1943 Panzer-Werkstatt-Kompanie SS-Panzer-Regiment 12 H.J.; 27.4.1944 Pionier-Kompanie Panzer-Regiment 1

So at the date 14.10.44 the feldpost number 56903 should belong to Pionier-Kompanie Panzer-Regiment 1. Does anyone know if they were part of SS HJ? I think not or it would say so in the feldpost data base?

Also another thing that confuses me here.. I have hundreds of letters in my collection and I've seen hundreds of more out there, and this is the first letter that I can actually read. The text looks very modern. Would someone write like this in 1944?

And please se the feldpost stamp, it looks strange on the left side, like it's not completely round. I have not seen that before.

Attachment 574105

Attachment 574104

Attachment 574106

Then the seller sells another SS feldpost letter. Sent from Fürsorge- und Versorgungsamt-SS München to Allgemeine Ortskrankenkasse i Schrobenhausen 17.2.1944. I don't know about that stamp, it doesn't sit right with me.

Attachment 574108

Attachment 574107

I guess the question is why someone would go trough such lenght to increase the value for a piece of papier from 2 euro to 10? Please let me know your thoughts. Here are links to the objects themself:

SS Feldpost Brev på Tradera. Övrigt | Militära Samlarsaker | Samlarsaker

SS Feldpost brev. på Tradera. Hjälmar | Militära Samlarsaker |

And sellers other auctions:

Sökresultat från Flohmarkt - Tradera.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on SS letters
    P
    Many

?

Would love anyones opinion

Hi Daniel,

The Pioneer company of SS-Pz.Rgt 12 was formed in February 44 from SS-Pioneer-bataillon 12 and the company was disbanded again already in March 44.

Stamps look odd.

Handwritting also doesnt look wwII era.

Cheers, Mads

I do Not like the Munich stamp-especially the goofy looking swastika on it. I agree with mads-the handwriting does not look period also. It looks like a deliberate attempt at faking-using a fountain pen, etc, but the stamps look bad and the paper itself doesn't look promising either. I'm with you-why in the World would someone go through all the trouble to Do this? It isn't like they would have been worth a fortune if genuine in any case. An Eastern Euro faker looking to make money under the radar?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

In my lowley opinion this is a good document I think the writing looks peroid and the postmarks and rubber stamp looks original.I would buy it if I collected such things.All the years I have looked at backs of German postcards this looks like a young man most likley 18 -22 years old still wet behing the ears.

?

Certainly there isn't a fluency about the spelling and vocab etc but is could be someone not well educated or of a Foreign extraction , i've never seen a stamp like the Munich one before so would be guared about purchasing this item without further research.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Both originals.
    Opinions on SS lettersOpinions on SS letters
    The Munich stamp is quite common, used from 1937 -1944. The square rubber stamp makes this piece unique.