Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Ordensburg - Sonthofen

Article about: Last week, picked up a couple of maps originally from the Ordensburg - Sonthofen. The Ordensburg still stands to this day, intergrated into a bundeswehr garrison. From time to time I've drov

?

Default Ordensburg - Sonthofen

Last week, picked up a couple of maps originally from the Ordensburg - Sonthofen. The Ordensburg still stands to this day, intergrated into a bundeswehr garrison. From time to time I've drove past it, although it dominates the surrounding area, very little from its furnishings appear anywhere, occasionally the odd knife & fork turn up at the fleamarket, but not much else. Seeing these two maps in a second-hand shop, I couldn't wait to get my money out.
    The maps measure 90cm x 72 cm ordanance style produced by the German & Austrian Alpen Club - 1935 cover the Allgäuer and Lechtaler Alps, an area just behind the Ordensburg. In themselves, a couple of mundane items, but still not something you find every day.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ordensburg - Sonthofen   Ordensburg - Sonthofen  

Ordensburg - Sonthofen   Ordensburg - Sonthofen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ordensburg - Sonthofen
    P
    Many

?

Picked up a couple of Ordensburg Postcards - a young lad operating a small lathe - unwritten printed at the Ordensburg Sonthofen. Second Postcard, Ordensburg May Pole written, printed and sent from Ordensburg Sonthofen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ordensburg - Sonthofen   Ordensburg - Sonthofen  

?

Bought this enamel sign "Verbotener Eingang" over a year ago from a worker I know, who at the moment is working in the Odernsburg Sonthofen. The Odernsburg is part of Generaloberst - Beck - Kaserne in Sonthofen, which due to a reconstructing of the Bundeswehr is being renovated. 100 million is being spent on the camp, the Ordensburg is to be converted into a hotel, the renovation should have been completed some time in 2013, now they hope to be finished in 2014. This sign "Forbidden Entrance" a good size 35cm x 20cm (14"x 8") comes out of the cellar where the Waffenkammer (arsenal) was.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ordensburg - Sonthofen  

Some very cool items there Alec!...