Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Order/requisition for Entnickler

Article about: Hi guys i have an order form or requistion form for 20 Entnickler ,for Kar.98 k. OK I know what the Kar 98 is but what are Entnickler ? I also so have the order form for the rifles.

Question Order/requisition for Entnickler

Hi guys i have an order form or requistion form for 20 Entnickler ,for Kar.98 k.
    OK I know what the Kar 98 is but what are Entnickler ?
    I also so have the order form for the rifles.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order/requisition for Entnickler  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order/requisition for Entnickler
    P
    Many

Default Re: Order/requisition for Entnickler

I think Entnickle means to nickel plate. I guess this could be done through chemical or electrolysis process. It is kind of hard to read the document for more clues.

A literal translation would be "De-nickeler" or "Nickel-remover". Apparently, this is a certain type of brush for cleaning firearms.

I must admit I have never heard the term before, but a Google search led me to this document detailing the history of a specialized manufacturer for technical brushes:

http://www.technische-buersten.com/e...dkat6mit26.pdf

The chapter about the war years mentions these Entnickler on page 5:

"Waffenmeistereien, Heereszeugämter und sogenannte Munitionsämter waren Hauptabnehmer von Waffenreinigungsbürsten – speziell Drahtrund- und –handbürsten zum Brünieren und Entrosten kleiner Teile, Abzugbügelbürsten, Entnickler und Gewehrreinigungsbürsten."

[= "Armories, Army Quartermaster Offices and the so-called Munitions Offices were the main purchasers of weapons cleaning brushes, particularly circular wire brushes and wire hand brushes for burnishing and rust-removal of small parts, trigger guard brushes, Entnickler and rifle cleaning brushes."]

Thanks HPL I thought it might of been something like that. I also googled and saw that website but was'nt quite sure if i was reading it correctly.
    The document is an order for 20 of these brushes for Kar98 the order was placed by the Waffenfeldwebel, Sachbearbeiter und dienststellenleiter of III./Inf.-Regt.38 in November 1938.
    The same guy that also ordered the 20 rifles on a seperate Waffen und Gerat form.