Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Original photograph of a Tiger I and Pz.Kpfw IV's possibly in Italy or Romania?

Article about: This is a scan of a WWII era photograph that I have. I believe that this German tank column is either in Italy or then Romania judging by the "Farmacie" sign in the background? I r

?

Default Original photograph of a Tiger I and Pz.Kpfw IV's possibly in Italy or Romania?

This is a scan of a WWII era photograph that I have. I believe that this German tank column is either in Italy or then Romania judging by the "Farmacie" sign in the background? I really like the photo myself. Any help with this would be appreciated!

Last edited by Paul D; 05-28-2016 at 07:37 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original photograph of a Tiger I and Pz.Kpfw IV's possibly in Italy or Romania?
    P
    Many

I can't comment on the vehicles very much. But I think you can safely say this is pretty late in the war - maybe Spring '44 or later. I am amazed by the absolutely motley collection of uniforms. The one Panzer man standing on the MK IV on the left seems to have a camo Panzer wrap. There are Zelts, mismatched Feldbluse and Hose, a mixture of caps and what appears to be a reversible jacket turned to the white side on the man in the center of the photo. NH

Looking at the background wherever it is there appears to be snow. So it must be early spring at the latest, if that makes sense. One bloke fancies his chances more in winter camo than the rest. Stewy

CBH
    ?

I can't really make out the sign on the building but that might be a hint . Also the power pole insulators and ? shaped bracket , that should be able to give you the country .

Quote by CBH View Post
    I can't really make out the sign on the building but that might be a hint . Also the power pole insulators and ? shaped bracket , that should be able to give you the country .
    Farmacie. As stated, could be Italian.

nice and muddy ( clogged tracks ) after the winter thaw.
    I'm suggesting Southwest front because FARMACIE is Romanian for Chemist, FARMACIA is Italian

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Thank you for all of the answers! I do also believe that this photo was taken in Romania towards the latter years of the war. The Tiger also seems to have a coat of Zimmerit on it which I personally think that is pretty cool even though it wasn't a too rare of a thing.

I just noticed the Mk IV in front was getting the barrel cleaned out. You can see the cleaning pole on the deck. NH

Tiger!
    This is my best Tiger Mk1 pic. Stewy

?

Cool! Should I add a watermark on mine as well?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast