Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen "75" Besitzzeugnis under question!?

Article about: Good evening everyone. Came across this very rare award certificate "Fur Die IV Stufe zum Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber" or Panzer Assault badge "75". Checked out that t

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen "75" Besitzzeugnis under question!?

Good evening everyone.
    Came across this very rare award certificate "Fur Die IV Stufe zum Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber" or Panzer Assault badge "75".
    Checked out that the particular soldier Herbert Sunderhauf realy was credited with this award, his rank is correct, he belonged to the correct unit 3./Führer-Pz.Jg.Abt. 1 & the award/document is recieved on the correct day, but I do have some question marks... Paper it self looks to be period, I don't see anything wrong there. I don't like the stamp...what is written there? ending with 200...should be divisions stamp!?
    Under which division did this unit fight at the time? Who could be the owner of the signature??
    Also- why 73 einsatztagen? shouldn't it be for minimum 75 einsatztagen?
    I am concerned this is a fake document.
    Thanks and best regards,
    Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen "75" Besitzzeugnis under question!?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen "75" Besitzzeugnis under question!?
    P
    Many

Usually with fakes like this it is the signature that is a big give away or a stamp that clearly doesn't belong such as one with a Luftwaffe Feldpost Number etc but in this case the signature looks very natural. The stamp looks believable but I can not read it properly. Is there any chance of a close up scan at a better resolution of the stamp so it can be read please?

However, there has been a lot of good quality fakes of late coming from Germany that seem to concentrate on faking very rare awards such as this so nothing can be ruled out just yet. Identifying the signature might help.

I believe that Führer-Panzer-Jäger-Abt 1 belonged to either Führer-Begleit-Division or Führer-Grenadier-Division but I need to check up to see which one. What else have yo found out about the man in question?

Hello.
    I didn't find any information on this unit belonging to Führer-Begleit-Division or Führer-Grenadier-Division...
    I have asked seller for additional photos, if I will not get them from him- than we know the answer why!
    Regards,
    Peter

I can't say I have heard of it either but the 'Führer' would hint at it coming from one of them. And I have found this on Lexikon for FBD's Panzerjäger-Abt - it was called Panzerjäger-Abt 673 but look at the unit it was formed from - that could be the reason the stamp has a '200' in it:

Aufgestellt im Februar 1945 durch die Umgliederung der Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung 200. Die Einheit wurde im Kessel von Spremberg im April 1945 vernichtet.

It wouldn't surprise me if they renamed it to the unit you see on the citation.

And the stamp does seem to say 'Sturm Geschu' or something similar.

And I see that you have posted this on WAF so have also posted a reply on that thread.

Here is the link to the WAF thread which has progressed:

Besitzzeugnis Panzerkampabzeichen "75" - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Thanks.
    On WAF this interesting thread got lot's of attention. Here it's only me and You. Why no interest guys?
    Regards,
    Peter