Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pencils found inside a German wall.

Article about: A guy I know in Germany found these pencils inside a wall in his house. He was wondering if they are worth anything. I told him not much. Does anybody want to buy them?

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Pencils found inside a German wall.

A guy I know in Germany found these pencils inside a wall in his house. He was wondering if they are worth anything. I told him not much. Does anybody want to buy them?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pencils found inside a German wall.  

2. # ADS

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Re: Pencils found inside a German wall.

I doubt if anybody would go through the hassle of manufacuring pencils just to sell them for a buck or two, do you? They aren't mine, anyway.

It think it is probable that pencils like these were made. One of the biggest pencil manufacturers in the world is in Germany...A.W. Faber. Pencils have been used for promotional purposes for many years.

nice pen i never see this type of pencil before !

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Of course these were made during the Third Reich! The guy found them when he tore a wall out remodeling his house in Germany. He is a US soldier, not a dealer, and certainly not a con artist. He also found a mint version of Deutschland Erwacht published in 1933 still in the original box! I bought that, of course. Wanna buy it? Everything is for sale except my wife.

pjm
    ?

Lots of items like these were produced prior to and shortly after the Nazis took power. Later, only NSDAP approved use of images and emblems was allowed.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

I believe the Nazis had a word for this sort of thing. They called it "KITSCH" I am not 100% certain of the spelling, but I think this is right. It meant anything with a Swastika that didn't really need a Swastika - like these pencils, toilet paper, etc., etc.

Thumbs up Re: Pencils found inside a German wall.

Hi Odessa1

These are 100% original pencils, the value would be the sum that someone is willing to pay for them during this financial debacle...

Greetz

Nick VR

Sounds like they would the real thing judging from how they were come about. Neat to have either way.

Quote by odessa1 View Post
    ... Everything is for sale except my wife.
    I love the quote!

By the way, great pencils, I would love to own them but the Australian dollar is worth about two fifths of five eights of #@%$ all so I couldn't even afford them when you convert anything to real money !!!

Cheers,

Grant

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast