Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Philipp Bouhler documents and Dachau photos

Article about: Hi guys, Every once in a great while, every collector finds that crazy item that he/she considers to be "top shelf". Here is one of my most prized groupings. I was back home in Nor

Default Philipp Bouhler documents and Dachau photos

Hi guys,

Every once in a great while, every collector finds that crazy item that he/she considers to be "top shelf". Here is one of my most prized groupings.

I was back home in North Carolina a few weeks ago visiting family and I thought I would stop at all of the local antique malls. I found these beauties on the bottom shelf of the last cabinet in the last booth at the last of ten malls that I went to. I was about to give up until I found these in a black folder marked, "Nazi Papers" at $40. Here's a brief description of what I found:

Two invitations from the office of "Der Fuehrer" to the Chief of the Chancellery of the Fuehrer of the NSDAP and Reichsleiter Philipp Bouhler, requesting his attendance to two differrent meals.

A telegram from Hermann Goering to Philipp Bouhler, in which Goering congratulates Bouhler for a year's worth of work well done and wishes them both good luck on their part in doing "the great work of the fuehrer".

A telegram of thanks to Bouhler from Opelwerke.

Three original photos of post-liberation Dachau concentration camp, all signed "John E. Thomas, Dachau 1945" on the back.

After doing some research, I learned that Philipp Bouhler was partially responsible for the Aktion T4 killing of over 70,000 mentally handicapped people in Germany. He and his wife both committed suicide in May 1945 while they were being transported to Dachau for interrogation by American troops. I can only assume that this is where the photos have a link with the documents. Perhaps Bouhler had these on him while he was being transported?

However, there is still an unanswered question with this grouping. On the back of one of the invitations there is a sentence or two in that crazy cursive-like German script that I cannot read. If one of you could read it, I could translate it, although if one can read it one should be able to translate it.

Here is a Wikipedia link if you want to read more about Herr Bouhler:

Philipp Bouhler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Enjoy,
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Philipp Bouhler documents and Dachau photos   Philipp Bouhler documents and Dachau photos  

Philipp Bouhler documents and Dachau photos   Philipp Bouhler documents and Dachau photos  

Philipp Bouhler documents and Dachau photos   Philipp Bouhler documents and Dachau photos  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Philipp Bouhler documents and Dachau photos
    P
    Many

Default Re: Philipp Bouhler documents and Dachau photos

Great find indeed! congrats!

Thanks! I was pretty ecstatic when I found them.

I'm not really one to ask about values, but in this case I have no clue what it is worth. Could any of you put a number on it?

A very impressive, but none the less very grim and disturbing group of photos/documents which is a very good reminder of what was going on inside the heads of those that played a part in the murder of millions.

Its a unique find though, and part of history that should never be pushed aside and forgotten.

Thanks for sharing

Danny

I also have a collection of identity documents belonging to Philipp Bouhler. I have sent you an email.

Philipp Bouhler IDs from my collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Philipp Bouhler documents and Dachau photos   Philipp Bouhler documents and Dachau photos  

Most impressive. Thanks for sharing them and welcome to the forum!

Cheers, Ade.

?

Very interesting guys ,

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Mo,
    That's an excellent find and worth every bit of the $40 IMO. I have no idea what a dealers price on these would be though, maybe contact a few and ask them?
    You don't often find items to a known 'personality' just lying around like that but it does show that things are still out there - you just need a bit of luck!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Hello Mo,

Congratulations on a super find. Well done! Difficult to put a value on such items, as I have found! However, contacting one or two dealers may give you some indication. Disturbing images, yet a fantastic grouping nonetheless.

Regards

Carl