Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Photo postcard from friends family dated 1926

Article about: Hello,I just got this PC along with a few snap shots from a friend who was given them from his family. My inquiry is about the date. When were party pins introduced and worn what might the o

?

Default Photo postcard from friends family dated 1926

Hello,I just got this PC along with a few snap shots from a friend who was given them from his family. My inquiry is about the date. When were party pins introduced and worn what might the other pin be? Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photo postcard from friends family dated 1926   Photo postcard from friends family dated 1926  

Photo postcard from friends family dated 1926  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Photo postcard from friends family dated 1926
    P
    Many

Quote by Newbie View Post
    My inquiry is about the date. When were party pins introduced and worn what might the other pin be?
    I can't comment on the introduction date of the Party badge, but if the date of birth (31st October 1926; "geb." means "geboren" = "born") is correct, this young man was only 18 years of age at the end of the war and therefore could not have been a member of the NSDAP for very long, surely having "graduated" from the Hitler Youth to the Party. (Originally, the minimum age for joining was 18; in January 1944, this was lowered to 17 for Hitler Youth members.)

Thus, this would have to be a late-war photograph from the 1944 - 1945 period.

The other pin is a qualification badge of the DLRG [Deutsche Lebensrettungsgesellschaft = German Life Saving Association].

My German grandmother was born in 1925 and wanted to join the Party as well...Her father forbid it!!
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    My German grandmother was born in 1925 and wanted to join the Party as well...Her father forbid it!!
    A wise and upright parental decision... all the more so as it could have landed him in serious trouble had he been denunciated.

He also forbid her to accept the monthly 20 Reichsmarks as a soldier's wife...He was a very old man, a strict Catholic, and too old for the Volkssturm even!
    cheers, Glenn