Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polizei/SS Postkarte

Article about: I dont usually collect postcards but I saw this fairly common one for sale and bought it. It seems a bit flimsy compared to other postcards so I was hoping some experts could verify its auth

Default Polizei/SS Postkarte

I dont usually collect postcards but I saw this fairly common one for sale and bought it.

It seems a bit flimsy compared to other postcards so I was hoping some experts could verify its authenticity

Many thanks

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polizei/SS Postkarte   Polizei/SS Postkarte  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polizei/SS Postkarte
    P
    Many

Default Re: Polizei/SS Postkarte

I cannot comment on its authenticity, but if it is of interest to you, I can help with the text:

"Altencelle, 9 March 42
    Dear Johannes!
    You have only just left us and I already have to send a few lines after you. Today, we have received a parcel for you; since I do not know whether its contens are non-perishable if packaged like this, I ask you whether I should forward it to you or not. We will keep it safe for you; please let us know, or we will just leave it as it is. Kindest regards from us all.
    Heil Hitler
    Ernst Otte
    "

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I cannot comment on its authenticity, but if it is of interest to you, I can help with the text:

"Altencelle, 9 March 42
    Dear Johannes!
    You have only just left us and I already have to send a few lines after you. Today, we have received a parcel for you; since I do not know whether its contens are non-perishable if packaged like this, I ask you whether I should forward it to you or not. We will keep it safe for you; please let us know, or we will just leave it as it is. Kindest regards from us all.
    Heil Hitler
    Ernst Otte
    "
    Thats great! many thanks

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

ww2fotos
    ?

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    I dont usually collect postcards but I saw this fairly common one for sale and bought it.

It seems a bit flimsy compared to other postcards so I was hoping some experts could verify its authenticity

Many thanks

Nick
    I will be happy to buy it from you if you have doubts of it's authenticity!

Quote by ww2fotos View Post
    I will be happy to buy it from you if you have doubts of it's authenticity!
    The paper seem very thin, it may be usual !

Nick

?

Yes, it's thin. I have the same card.