Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Portrait- Reichswehr or WWI?

Article about: Hi guys, I admittedly know next to nothing about pre-1933 German uniforms except for the history of the stahlhelm. Could someone pleae give me a timeframe for this photo? Thanks, Mo

Default Portrait- Reichswehr or WWI?

Hi guys,

I admittedly know next to nothing about pre-1933 German uniforms except for the history of the stahlhelm. Could someone pleae give me a timeframe for this photo?

Thanks,
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Portrait- Reichswehr or WWI?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Portrait- Reichswehr or WWI?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Portrait- Reichswehr or WWI?

Mo...WW1 photograph...why ?.....still has both cockades on mutze, after the war the Prussian cockade was usually discarded, still has shoulder straps attached to his M15 bluse...in the Freidensheer (Peacetime army, 19.01.1919-05.05.1919), the forerunner of the Reichswehr these would of been removed...his only rank devices are his "Gefreiter knopf" buttons on his collar, showing he is a senior EM, these "buttons" although used in the Freidensheer, they were not used in the Reichswehr or the TR Heer. The "litzen" on his collar was worn in the Imperial Army by some honoured Regiments, unlike the Reichswehr and TR Heer when it was worn by all. So I would say after 1915 to 1918.
    Prost ! Steve.