Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 29 of 97 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 ... LastLast

Post your death notices

Article about: That depends really Dagon, i can read the printed words on the death cards but actual handwritting can be a totally different matter, it can be quite difficult sometimes but i could try

?

Robb,
    Alois Kiefl was killed in Nikolayevka, about 70 miles south of Kirowograd. He is now buried in a memorial cemetery in Kirovograd, Ukraine.

Hans Paintinger died in a field hospital in Gorinewo. He is now buried at the memorial cemetery in Novgorod. His last known rank was Unteroffiziersanwärter.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your death notices
    P
    Many

?

Thank you for the extra information Bill! Very Interesting stuff

Hi guys,

It's been a long time since I have acquired any new sterbebilder. Here are two additions to my 'Stalingrad' collection.

-Walter Gross, Gefreiter and KOA (What is a KOA?), KIA on November 18th, 1942 in Stalingrad. I cannot find him in the graves registry.

-Georg Brem, Obergefreiter and a panzerjaeger, KIA just five days later on November 23rd, 1942 in Stalingrad. He is buried at Rossochka: Detailansicht[gid]=3ed7985b9ee26df69b13326da80ef293
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    -Walter Gross, Gefreiter and KOA (What is a KOA?),
    Kriegsoffizieranwärter, lit. "War Officer Candidate", i.e. an officer candidate selected from the enlisted ranks for the wartime officer replacement program (as opposed to the peacetime career officer candidates).

Jan
    ?

Here´s my new BDM death card, possibly a Flak hilfer casuality.

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Kriegsoffizieranwärter, lit. "War Officer Candidate", i.e. an officer candidate selected from the enlisted ranks for the wartime officer replacement program (as opposed to the peacetime career officer candidates).
    You are a great help as usual, thanks!

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post

-Walter Gross, Gefreiter and KOA (What is a KOA?), KIA on November 18th, 1942 in Stalingrad. I cannot find him in the graves registry.

Hey Moe,
    I was able to find Walter groß!! I first searched the correct "Groß" with no luck, but it came up when I searched through the many "Gross' ". His full name is Walter Konrad Groß from Waldershof. It actually says he died in Rynok village (northern Stalingrad)!!! He is also buried at Rossoschka. This card is awesome because most of the Stalingrad related cards I've seen don't give extra location info, most just say Stalingrad on the VB site.

Here is an aerial photo, supposedly taken around September 17th, 1942, around 2 months before his death...of the area just west of Rynok Village, thought to be near the 71st Infanterie Division sector. (the green circle is showing Russian defense positions)

link to VB listing:
    Detailansicht[gid]=d2d8b9640d792b4ef0016f9cf62ccf50
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices  

Excellent info, thanks man! I actually searched for 'Gross' as well, but went by birthdate and saw that he wasn't in 1921. I didn't notice the second page with 'Walter Konrad'. lol

It's sad to think that these guys were the lucky ones, getting killed right before their comrades were surrounded and starved.

By the way, I don't know if you have looked on German Ebay, but that's where I found these. Sterbebilder are plentiful and cheap there.

Do you think he could have been part of the 16. Panzer Division? I was doing some research and found out that the 16. P.D. had tried to take Rynok on November 17th. It looks like losses were heavy, too.

16. Panzer-Division (Wehrmacht)

?

Tough call because the card doesn't specify a branch Moe, but very possible! The 94. Infanterie Division was also part of the heavy fighting in/around Rynok & Spartakovka from mid October to Novemeber 18th too though. (the 94 ID was disbanded a month later!). His rank or even the photo don't offer us many clues either Moe, so he could be from either Division.

There is a book that I have wanted to read for a while, called "An Infantryman in Stalingrad" that was written by an acquaintance and fellow collector/researcher, Jason Mark. It follows the service of an infantryman of the 94th ID, who was at Rynok/Spartakovka. Might be an interesting read for ya to see what this guy went through.

Page 29 of 97 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 ... LastLast