Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 30 of 97 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 80 ... LastLast

Post your death notices

Article about: That depends really Dagon, i can read the printed words on the death cards but actual handwritting can be a totally different matter, it can be quite difficult sometimes but i could try

?

Obergefreiter Hermann Bauer - KIA Novgorod Oblast

Bauer was killed South of Staraya-Russa, in the Southern part of the Kosanka Forest, around Lake Illmen, during a very hectic part of the war, somewhat close to Demjansk (breakout)!

With that information, I concluded he could either possibly be from Stossgruppe von Seydlitz....or the 329. Infanterie Division (who worked hand in hand), who were both in that area at the time of his death, March 21, 1942. The reason I mention Stossgruppe Seydlitz, is that they attempted a breakout near the Staraya Russa railway, a region that the Soviet forces had called the "Ramushevo corridor" on the same exact day of Hermann Bauers death. I believe this would be near the Lovat River, off of Illmensee.

I cant really research this one too much more until I find out what "Stosstruppunternehmen" exactly translates to. What I got for Unternehmen is "Undertaken". Could this mean he was possibly part of a Stossgruppe, or would it simply imply that he was an assault troop? I have seen this exact phrase before, so it's time I need to ask! lol

Thanks for any help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your death notices
    P
    Many

Here are some of my death cards.

Post your death notices
    Post your death notices
    Post your death notices

Was able to find the person on the first card, his was KIA near Witebsk:
    [B]Wendelin Rolser
    Wendelin Rolser wurde noch nicht auf einen vom Volksbund errichteten Soldatenfriedhof überführt.
    Nach den uns vorliegenden Informationen befindet sich sein Grab derzeit noch an folgendem Ort: Witebsk II - Belarus
    Der Volksbund ist bemüht, auf der Grundlage von Kriegsgräberabkommen die Gräber der deutschen Soldaten zu finden und ihnen auf Dauer gesicherte Ruhestätten zu geben. Wir hoffen, in nicht allzu ferner Zukunft auch das Grab von Wendelin Rolser zu finden und die Gebeine auf einen Soldatenfriedhof überführen zu können.
    Name und die persönlichen Daten des Obengenannten sind auch im Gedenkbuch der Kriegsgräberstätte verzeichnet. Sie können gern einen Auszug bei uns bestellen.
    Bitte beachten Sie, dass auf einigen Friedhöfen nicht die aktuelle Version ausliegt, somit kann der Name Ihres Angehörigen darin evtl. noch nicht verzeichnet sein.
    Nachname:Rolser
    Vorname:Wendelin
    Dienstgrad:Obergefreiter
    Geburtsdatum:16.08.1920
    Geburtsort:Weingarten
    Todes-/Vermisstendatum:20.12.1943
    Todes-/Vermisstenort: Saibuschje

Thanks Evgeni, but I was already aware of his information from VB. Although if you could perhaps figure out where the 2nd one (Georg Bachhofer) served I would be much obliged. Also the third one I don't actually own... I'm not sure why it was saved on my computer. My mistake.

The third one is Arras, the second one cannot be found..
    Xaver Zehentbauer
    Xaver Zehentbauer ruht auf der Kriegsgräberstätte in St.-Laurent-Blangy.
    Endgrablage: Kameradengrab
    Nähere Informationen zu diesem Friedhof erhalten Sie hier.
    Name und die persönlichen Daten des Obengenannten sind auch im Gedenkbuch der Kriegsgräberstätte verzeichnet. Sie können gern einen Auszug bei uns bestellen.
    Bitte beachten Sie, dass auf einigen Friedhöfen nicht die aktuelle Version ausliegt, somit kann der Name Ihres Angehörigen darin evtl. noch nicht verzeichnet sein.
    Nachname:Zehentbauer
    Vorname:Xaver
    Dienstgrad:Infanterist
    Todes-/Vermisstendatum:09.04.1917
    Todes-/Vermisstenort: b. Arras

Picked these up today....Franz Schierer large paper 5 1/2" x 3 3/4" 20 years old.....nothing on reverse of paper
    .....Edi Kuhn.....died a flyers death 12 June 1940...24 years old
    .....Michael Lanzinger...23 1/2 years old
    .....Anton Freudenstein...................................... .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

Post your death notices  

?

Decorated Ostfront Panzer veteran KIA at Narwa !!

Post your death notices
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Thanks Evgeni, certainly helped explain a bit!

Wow, that is a larger card. VB says that he was Freudentstein was killed over the Black Sea, buried in Turkey. Nice Cards!

That's a nice one related to the Narwa Offensive Paul. Says he was KIA at Sillamae too!!

?

From his date and place of death Bill i believe he could well be a member of schwere Panzer Abt 502 !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 30 of 97 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 80 ... LastLast