Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 39 of 97 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 89 ... LastLast

Post your death notices

Article about: That depends really Dagon, i can read the printed words on the death cards but actual handwritting can be a totally different matter, it can be quite difficult sometimes but i could try

?

Couple of new ones i picked up Killed in Normandy !!

Post your death noticesPost your death noticesPost your death notices

Can't find either of them on the Volksbund site but not sure pf the exact spelling of young Otto's surname ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your death notices
    P
    Many

Hi Paul, Otto Osterreicher I would say.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

That's what i thought as well Ade , but can't find him on the site.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

His name is Otto Österreicher. 'Österreicher' literally means 'one from Austria'.

I checked the war graves registry and only found an Otto KIA in 1939.

I thought i would give this thread a little kick.

Nachname: Wagner
    Vorname: Georg
    Dienstgrad: Gefreiter
    Geburtsdatum: 20.08.1916
    Geburtsort: Langenisarhofen
    Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 17.05.1940
    Todes-/Vermisstenort: Maastricht

He is buried at the cemetery Ysselsteyn.

Post your death notices

Hi guys, I just picked up a large number of very interesting sterbebilder. I will be posting them one at a time here over the course of a few days.

Up first are a set of cards for two brothers killed in WWI: Josef Rödl of the 11th Infantry Regiment, KIA 6.9.14 at Serres, France at the age of 23, and Karl Rödl of the 19th Infantry Regiment, KIA 18.10.15 (almost exactly 100 years ago) at Lahure? France at the age of 20.

RIP
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Up first are a set of cards for two brothers killed in WWI: Josef Rödl of the 11th Infantry Regiment, KIA 6.9.14 at Serres, France at the age of 23, and Karl Rödl of the 19th Infantry Regiment, KIA 18.10.15 (almost exactly 100 years ago) at Lahure? France at the age of 20.
    It's Tahure. He was killed in the Second Battle of Champagne.

Thank you Andreas!

Here is another one:

Josef Söldenwagner, a medic from the 1st Bavarian Reserve Medical Company, KIA 15.8.16 at the age of 36 at Bouchavesnes (Battle of the Somme)

RIP
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

Georg Neudecker, WWI vet who died on 26.8.38 after a brief illness. He received his last rites at the age of 67.

Andreas, is "verschieden" just a fancy way to say that he died in German? I have only ever seen gefallen, gestorben, etc.

Three more brothers:

Anton Bauer, 1, Kompanie, 16th Reserve Infantry Regiment, KIA 29.11.14 at Messines, France, at the age of 22.

Ludwig Bauer, 10. Kompanie, Königlich Bayerisches Infanterie-Leib-Regiment, killed by a machine gun bullet to the head at the age of 35 on 5.8.16 at Fleury (Battle of Verdun).

Otto Bauer, 1. Kompanie, 15th Bavarian Infantry Regiment, Iron Cross 2nd Class and Military Service Cross, 3rd class with swords, KIA 15.7.18 by a machine gun at the age of 22.

Page 39 of 97 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 89 ... LastLast