Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 46 of 97 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 56 96 ... LastLast

Post your death notices

Article about: That depends really Dagon, i can read the printed words on the death cards but actual handwritting can be a totally different matter, it can be quite difficult sometimes but i could try

Quote by Dillinger022 View Post
    Waffen-SS soldier Fritz Juno died at 21 years old on February 4th, 1943, in Kharkov, Ukraine.
    Nice one to a member of LAH, note the ciphers in the photo.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your death notices
    P
    Many

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Here’s a basic outlook on the actions that likely led to his death on the first day of the Ardennes offensive:

Jakob was likely part of HQ company in 989 grenadier regiment (277 VGD) in the Hollerath area. He and the 277. Volksgrenadier Division had moved up to the Hollerath area along the Westwall bunkers and dragons teeth and were readying to attack the following morning for the famed Ardennes offensive (Bulge).

Jakob’s regiment was tasked to attack from Hollerath, across the woods of Jansbach to the roads leading to the village of Rocherath, where the US 99. Infantry Division (393rd rgt) was stationed in the area, deep in the forest. Their objective was to clear out the GIs so that the Panzer Troops could advance.

Launching their offensive early morning while it was still pretty dark, The initial attack caught the US 393rd off guard and Jakob’s unit penetrated their lines in the forest (some excellent stories from US 99 vets of this). However the neighboring grenadiers attacks came to a standstill.

In the course of the day, Jakobs unit succeeded, after heavy and costly combat in the woods, in pushing forward up to the Jans Stream, where the US troops resistance increased considerably. The US troops took the chance to respond with an artillery box barrage that they laid on the westwall
    Line and forest. The day went on with heavy close combat with many losses from both sides. A veteran of the 277 said that most of the officers and non-coms were killed early on in the initial attack, causing even more confusion.

The StuG’s That were promised for backup had failed to arrive on time to continue any momentum that Jakob’s unit provided, but elements of the 12 SS HitlerJugend Division were able to give aid and finally reach the edge of the forest on Dec 17, to help push the US 99 ID troops to the well known Elsenborn Ridge, where vicious close combat ensued.
    Corrections made to names of Rocherath and Elsenborn.

Default Brother's Death Notices

Here is what I think are two brothers. Not sure of the spelling of their names so if someone could help with that.
    Looks like one died on 3 May and the other on 15 May!
    Post your death notices

Nachname:Fuchs
    Vorname:Alois
    Dienstgrad:Unteroffizie
    rGeburtsdatum:15.01.1915
    Geburtsort:Tannöd
    Todes-/Vermisstendatum:15.05.1942
    Todes-/Vermisstenort:bei Charkow

Daten als PDF laden
    Namensbuchauszug
    Grabschmuck und Fotowunsch
    Lichter der Ewigkeit
    Spenden & Helfen
    Alois Fuchs konnte im Rahmen unserer Umbettungsarbeiten nicht geborgen werden. Die vorgesehene Überführung zum Sammelfriedhof in Charkow war somit leider nicht möglich. Sein Name wird im Gedenkbuch des Friedhofes verzeichnet.

achname:Fuchs
    Vorname:Max
    Dienstgrad:Schütze
    Geburtsdatum:17.10.1908
    Geburtsort:Wannig
    Todes-/Vermisstendatum:03.05.1942
    Todes-/Vermisstenort:2 km westl. Wassiljeschtschina

Daten als PDF laden
    Namensbuchauszug
    Grabschmuck und Fotowunsch
    Lichter der Ewigkeit
    Spenden & Helfen
    Max Fuchs wurde noch nicht auf einen vom Volksbund errichteten Soldatenfriedhof überführt.

Nach den uns vorliegenden Informationen befindet sich sein Grab derzeit noch an folgendem Ort: Sorokopenno - Russland

Danke! Glaubst du, das sind Brüder? Glaubst du, das sind Brüder?

Don't think so. Its a fairly common name. Besides the description is different.

It will be also good to see a better picture of the place where they are printed, my guess different towns as well....

Great thread guys!
    I really should get back to collecting death notices, I used to have some really nice ones but sold them like an idiot. One to an RKT, one to a GvB 17th SS man killed at Metz, another to a Deutschland Reg man killed on the Mius Front and also one to a Das Reich man who died of his wounds 10th June 1944 (Oradour Sur Glane!!) and may well have been wounded the day before on operations when Kampfe was captured by the French Resistance. I had a few others too. Will always regret selling them and I let them go for peanuts. It's a real shame I can't share them with you all now, but hopefully I'll get some others worth sharing soon.

Quote by lonewolf523 View Post
    Here is what I think are two brothers. Not sure of the spelling of their names so if someone could help with that.
    Looks like one died on 3 May and the other on 15 May!
    Post your death notices
    This is a great example of how much the latest files added to Ancestry changes the hobby, especially for those collecting these memorial cards. Take these two for example - details of birth and death and that is essentially it from Volksbund. But thanks to the newly released 'Gefallen' files we can now see what unit they were in, what killed them and where they were originally buried.

Max Fuchs served with 1./Inf.Rgt 503 (290.Inf.Division) when he was killed and he was killed by a shot (or shots) to the chest. It even gives details of what was on his dog tag.
    Alois Fuchs served with Stab/Pz.Artillerie-Rgt 75 (3.Pz.Division) when he was killed by bomb splinters to the chest and head at 9pm, three days in to the second battle of Kharkov.

Max's cards:

Post your death notices
    Post your death notices
    Post your death notices

Alois's cards:

Post your death notices
    Post your death notices
    Post your death notices

I've seen these crop up recently on German forums also, is this ancestry.co.uk ?

Are there special steps to finding them or is it straightforward ?

Page 46 of 97 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 56 96 ... LastLast