Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 77 of 100 FirstFirst ... 27 67 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 87 ... LastLast

Post your death notices

Article about: That depends really Dagon, i can read the printed words on the death cards but actual handwritting can be a totally different matter, it can be quite difficult sometimes but i could try

10./Kompanie Infanterie Regiment Großdeutschland - Georg Wanninger

Name: Georg Wanninger
    Date of birth: 09.06.1921
    Place of birth: Penting/Main
    Death/missing date: 09.10.1941
    Death/missing place: Ossinowka-Nisnjaja
    Service rank: Grenadier

His cause of death is noted as Unfall: Infanterie Geschuß Kopf - Verstorben (Accident: Infantry shot head - deceased)

Georg Wanninger has not yet been transferred to a military cemetery set up by the Volksbund.
    According to the information available to us, his grave is currently in the following place : Ossinowka/Wikebsk - Belarus

Infanterie Regiment Großdeutschland -
    Infanterie
    Infanterie-Regiment (mot) Grossdeutschland
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

Last edited by Willmore; 04-12-2023 at 11:48 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your death notices
    P
    Many

Stabsbatterie./Panzer Artillerie Regiment Großdeutschland - Karl Michl

Name: Karl Michl
    Date of birth: 27.04.1921
    Place of birth: Michelsdorf
    Death/missing date: 08.07.1943
    Death/missing place: Bei Ssyrzewo
    Service rank: Obergefreiter

His cause of death is noted as Gefallen: Artillerie Geschoß Herz (Killed in action: Artillery shot/shrapnel heart)

Karl Michl has not yet been transferred to a military cemetery set up by the Volksbund.
    According to the information available to us, his grave is currently in the following place: Syrzewo - Russland

Artillerie Regiment Großdeutschland -
    Artillerie-Regiment Großdeutschland - Lexikon der Wehrmacht
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

Interesting that the same printer was responsible for these last two sterbebilder Willmore.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Interesting that the same printer was responsible for these last two sterbebilder Willmore.
    Hi BC.

Thanks for pointing it out, I didn't notice that and looking at the casualty cards both men are from Kreis Cham which would explain why.

Cham (district) - Wikipedia

Kind regards,

Will.

12./Kompanie Gebirgsjäger Regiment 99 - Ludwig Kammerer

Name: Ludwig Kammerer
    Date of birth: 21.02.1921
    Place of birth: Söflingen
    Death/missing date: 19.10.1943
    Death/missing place: Bucht von Ermonas/Korfu (Bay of Ermonas/Corfu)

Ludwig Kammerer is buried in the military cemetery in Dionyssos-Rapendoza, Greece.
    Endgrablage: Gruft 2 Reihe 13 Platte 12

His cause of death is noted as Verstorben: Rohrkrepierer, linke Schläfenseite, rechte Brust, Unfall (Deceased: pipe burst, left temple side, right chest, accident)

It appears that the term Rohrkrepierer refers to a situation where a round explodes in the firing tube or barrel of a mortar or artillery piece. One cause could have been a squib load.
    Squib load - Wikipedia

The same cause of death can be seen in post #643 -
    Post your death notices

2./Kompanie Gebirgsjäger Regiment 99 - Karl Dureder

Name: Karl Dureder
    Date of birth: 02.01.1919
    Place of birth: Pfarrkirchen
    Death/missing date: 25.05.1942
    Death/missing place: Nördlich Dmitrijewka

His cause of death is noted as Gefallen: Infanterie Gescuß Kopf (Killed in action: Infantry shot head)

Karl Dureder has not yet been transferred to a military cemetery set up by the Volksbund.
    According to the information available to us, his grave is currently in the following place: Dmitrijewka - Ukraine

Post your death notices  

I like the portrait on this one Willmore, the photograph quality looks good. The gaze that Karl has in this picture could almost be seen as a sign of resignation to fate.

Here is a poignant four panel death card for two brothers who fell six months apart on different continents. The details of each brother are on opposite sides of the death card.

Post your death notices

1./Kompanie Gebirgsjäger Regiment 98 - Sebastian Georg

Name: Sebastian Georg
    Date of birth: 10.02.1922
    Place of birth: Walding
    Death/missing date: 04.06.1942
    Death/missing place: Krass.Gussarowka a.Donez
    Service rank: Jäger

His cause of death is noted as Gefallen: Infanterie Geschuß Kopf (Killed in action: Infantry shot head)

Sebastian Georg has not yet been transferred to a military cemetery set up by the Volksbund.
    According to the information available to us, his grave is currently in the following place: Krassn. Gussarowka - Ukraine

Post your death notices

2./Kompanie Pionier Bataillon (mot) 900 - Franz Georg

Name: Franz Georg
    Date of birth: 16.10.1919
    Place of birth: Walding/Obb.
    Death/missing date: 21.12.1942
    Death/missing place: 36 km ostw.Buerat

His cause of death is noted as Gefallen: Durch Minen (Killed in action: Through mines)

Franz Georg is buried in the military cemetery in Tobruk, Libya, North Africa.
    Endgrablage: auf diesem Friedhof

Post your death notices

Pionier Bataillon (mot) 900 was part of the 90.leichte-Afrika-Division (Afikakorps) -
    Pioneers in 90th Light - Feldgrau.net
    90.leichte-Afrika-Division - Feldgrau
    Last edited by Willmore; 04-19-2023 at 06:31 PM.

?

A very nice card and definitely a poignant one. The large Afrikakorps portrait of Franz Georg is nice. I suppose that durch minen means that he stepped on a mine.

Is it a front and back or a four fold card?

Quote by Witt View Post
    A very nice card and definitely a poignant one. The large Afrikakorps portrait of Franz Georg is nice. I suppose that durch minen means that he stepped on a mine.

Is it a front and back or a four fold card?
    Hi Ben.

I imagine he was in rush that day and didn't iron his shirt collar because you can see the creases on it. It is quite possible he stood on a mine, but being a pionier he may have been clearing mines and one detonated. The gefallen points to enemy action rather then an accident though.

It is a double sided, front and back, one fold death card. The picture I uploaded is actually a photo of both sides of the card, but I pasted them into the same image in paintbrush.

Page 77 of 100 FirstFirst ... 27 67 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 87 ... LastLast