Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 96 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Post your death notices

Article about: That depends really Dagon, i can read the printed words on the death cards but actual handwritting can be a totally different matter, it can be quite difficult sometimes but i could try

Default Post your death notices

Hi guys,

I though it would be kind of nice to start a thread that deals with German death notices. I have started collecting these recently and I find them to be fascinating research opportunities.

Please share your cards, im memory of the soldiers that they were printed for.

My first one is for Obergefreiter Franz Ranseder of the Kriegsmarine

"Obergefreiter bei der Kriegsmarine
    Inhaber des kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern und des Minensuch Abzeichens

welcher am 24. April 1945 auf dem Minenschiff "Brummer" bei der insel Briano durch Tieffliegerangriff im 24. Lebensjahre den Heldentod gefunden hat und am 26. April 1945 auf dem Heldenfriedhof in Pola begraben wurde."

Obergefreiter of the Kriegsmarine, holder of the War Merit Cross with Swords and the Minesweeper badge, who, on April 24th, 1945, became a hero at 24 years of age when his minesweeper ship, the "Brummer", was attacked by low-flying aircraft. He will be buried on April 26th, 1945, at the military cemetery in Pola.

It's such a shame that his life ended that close to the end of the war.

"Herr, gib ihnen die ewige Ruhe,
    und das ewige Light leuchte ihnen,
    laß sie ruhen in Frieden, Amen."

Rest in Peace
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your death notices
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Post your death notices

If anyone comes across death cards for a fritz plontasch or a Otto plontasch, I'd love to know. I have looked at hundreds of these things on sites snd always go through them just in case.

Here are myne
    He was oberfeldwebel in Gebirgsjager Regiment
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices  

Some of mine.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

one more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

?

just collect my last name

?

Here is another one of mine:

"Den Heldentod fürs Vaterland starb
    Albert Steinkirchner von Lißling
    Obergefreiter in einem Gebirgsjäger-Regt.
    Inhaber des Infanteriesturmabzeichens und des Verwundeten-Abzeichens
    geboren am 30. Nov. 1921 in Grubhof
    gefallen am 15. Juni 1943 in
    Neberdschäjewsnaja bei Noworossinsk"

"A hero died for his country: Albert Steinkirchner von Lißling, an obergefreiter in a mountain troop regiment, and a holder of the infantry assault badge and the wound badge. He was born on November 30th, 1921 in Grubhof. He fell on June 15th, 1943 in Neberdsheyevsnaya new Novorossinsk."

Rest in peace, Obgfr. Steinkirchner.

P.S. If you guys have enough time, just for future reference, please try to post a translation of your card so that our non-German speaking members of the forum can read it and understand what exactly happened to the soldier.

Post Re: Post your death notices

Post your death noticesPost your death noticesPost your death noticesPost your death notices
    Here are mine. Aghs

?

Good idea
    i have only 2 but still growing

two brothers who died in east prussia 1945
    and a man who died in 1941

Post your death noticesPost your death notices

Page 1 of 96 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast