Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast

Post your death notices

Article about: That depends really Dagon, i can read the printed words on the death cards but actual handwritting can be a totally different matter, it can be quite difficult sometimes but i could try

Default Re: Post your death notices

Here are my only two
    Attached Images Attached Images Post your death notices  Post your death notices 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your death notices
    P
    Many

?

i would like to see more as i think death cards are interesting

thoes are nice original cards you have there nick

Gents, a slightly older one hence the condition, hope I am not intruding... its a Soldat from the Bavarian 16th Infantry Regiment, ring any bells ?
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

?

nice cards steve.

what does prost mean?

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    what does prost mean?
    As Salut, Gezuar, Skal, Eis Igian, Slainte, Saude & Noro, Prost simply means "CHEERS" !
    see here for more info... How to say cheers - Slainte - prost - skål in different languages / countries - skål på forskellige sprog by Alternative Whisky Academy
    Prost ! Steve.

?

nice link
    cheers!
    or as i might say ''Sláinte''!

Here is one of the new ones I bought yesterday:

Gefreiter Anton Scheitler, from Burglengenfeld.

This young man died in a hospital on the Eastern front on August 2nd, 1944. He was 20 years old.

Rest in peace, Gefr. Scheitler.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices  

Another one from yesterday:

Gefreiter Josef Neumeier

Josef Neumeier, 21, was killed in Russia on January 8th, 1942. He was a member of a tank battalion and a holder of the Iron Cross, 2nd. Class.

Rest in peace, Gefr. Neumeier.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices  

The last of the three:

Gefreiter Josef Hoerandtner

This man, a member of an SS-Sturm, was killed on November 2nd, 1941 at Kotosalmi. (This is presumably near Leningrad. I have tried with no luck to find out where this place is.)

Rest in peace, Josef Hoerandtner.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    This man, a member of an SS-Sturm, was killed on November 2nd, 1941 at Kotosalmi. (This is presumably near Leningrad. I have tried with no luck to find out where this place is.)
    No; it would appear to be on the Finnish-Soviet border. (It sounds Finnish and the card says "bei Kotosalmi an der finnisch-bolschewistischen Front", i.e. "near Kotosalmi on the Finnish-Bolshevist front.)
    My guess would be that he was with the 6th SS-Division "Nord" which was operating in this theater at the time.

Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast