Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast

Post your death notices

Article about: That depends really Dagon, i can read the printed words on the death cards but actual handwritting can be a totally different matter, it can be quite difficult sometimes but i could try

Default Re: Post your death notices

"In January, 1944 the Langemarck and elements of Das Reich were encircled by Soviet forces near Zhitomir. Despite this, they fought their way out of the kessel (cauldron), suffering heavy casualties and losing the majority of their heavy equipment and vehicles. By early March, the brigade had been reduced to 400 men. At the end of April, the shattered Langemarck was ordered back to Bohemia for reforming."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your death notices
    P
    Many

thanks for that extra information

greets,
    poele

Always welcome!

I have also another one from two brothers.....when i'll have a little more time, i gonna take a photo from that deathcard and post it here....

I have seen that one for sale a few times, they died near Leningrad (Myasnoi Bor, if I recall it correctly). Dark cardboard paper.

Obviously there were a lot of cards printed for every person, but the frequency with which this one comes to the market makes me a bit suspicious.

?

Great cards, and good job finding this old thread!!

Here is a new one of mine:

Obergefreiter Josef Reeb

He was part of the fighting in North Afrika (Libya), with Panzer Regiment 8 (as seen on his straps). He was wounded on May 2, 1942....and died 22 days later on May 24th in Cyrenaica (Berqa), buried in Tobruk.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

Nice card! Have very similar as well. Let me see if I can find a scan somewhere.

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Great cards, and good job finding this old thread!!

Here is a new one of mine:

Obergefreiter Josef Reeb

He was part of the fighting in North Afrika (Libya), with Panzer Regiment 8 (as seen on his straps). He was wounded on May 2, 1942....and died 22 days later on May 24th in Cyrenaica (Berqa), buried in Tobruk.

?

Here is one of my favorite yet sad KIA groupings...

Funker Heinrich Tischler, part of a panzer fusilier unit.
    He was caught up in the horrible fighting (close combat) at the Nikopol Bridgehead (just East of the Dnjepr) at the end of December 1943!! By this time, the Germans in this area were battered and tired.

* The Russians had just recieved a large hoard of fresh replacements on December 20th, and were nailing the exhausted Germans with unrelenting attacks all along the front.
    This is where Heinrich Tischler fell on December 30, 1943. Maybe part of 1. Panzer-Armee. Retreat from the Nikopol Bridgehead/Dnieper area came about a month after Heinrich fell I believe, after a major Soviet Offensive.

I believe this nice Honorary/Memorial document was made by or for his family.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

Post your death notices  

Very nice grouping indeed!

Here my other deathcard from two flemish brothers died in Russia....

Attachment 392343 Attachment 392344
    Attachment 392345

Page 8 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast