Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 97 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 ... LastLast

Post your death notices

Article about: That depends really Dagon, i can read the printed words on the death cards but actual handwritting can be a totally different matter, it can be quite difficult sometimes but i could try

Default Re: Post your death notices

Sad one for this family,,,twins that died and the third not sure if a relative??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

Post your death notices  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your death notices
    P
    Many

Some sad stories there indeed.

The highly decorated aviator Wolfgang Roos died in a fatal flight accident only 12 days after his wedding.

Paul Roos was transferred from the submarine service to be trained on assault guns. He sustained head injuries in a blasting exercise leading to his death from meningitis on 30 May 1945, when the war in Europe was already over.

A pilot and aspiring aviation engineeer, Karl Roos was killed in action "in the early morning hours of Mothers' Day" 1943 and buried in English soil.

None of them lived past their early twenties.

Here are a few from my collection that I would like to share.

Schwere SSpanzer is very interesting and the family one is really very sad as these people were innocent. Something similar happened to the part of the family of my grandmother where 4 people died in the bombing of Murmansk in 1941. 4 people died in one house.

Post your death noticesPost your death noticesPost your death notices
    Last edited by Evgeni M; 09-05-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Great thread.Thanks for sharing every one.

HPL2008, thanks for taking the time to translate.

War always takes the best individuals a nation has.

?

Ive posted these a while ago, but they belong here for organizations sake.

Ive always been moved by this one.....

Feldwebel Josef Ackermann was in Infanterie Regiment 95.

In the fighting East of the Volga, Josef fell while attacking Gorodi-Schjtse on November 1, 1941. He was the first to burst into the village occupied by the Soviets and was seriously wounded by a shot through the chest. He was brought to a Field Hospital where he would die 2 days later on November 3rd.

* Oberleutnant Nolly says "I'm losing my best Platoon Leader, who had already earned the IAB and EK for his actions in Borowno-See, Poland."
    He is now buried in Tver (Kalinin)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

The exact location of the grave is Ялыгино pronounced as Yalygino, 46 km north of Rzhev and 88 km west of Tver. Here is a nice map: File:KalininReg41-42.gif

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Ive posted these a while ago, but they belong here for organizations sake.

Ive always been moved by this one.....

Feldwebel Josef Ackermann was in Infanterie Regiment 95.

In the fighting East of the Volga, Josef fell while attacking Gorodi-Schjtse on November 1, 1941. He was the first to burst into the village occupied by the Soviets and was seriously wounded by a shot through the chest. He was brought to a Field Hospital where he would die 2 days later on November 3rd.

* Oberleutnant Nolly says "I'm losing my best Platoon Leader, who had already earned the IAB and EK for his actions in Borowno-See, Poland."
    He is now buried in Tver (Kalinin)

?

Never seen one with this much information on Bill , interesting !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Thank You Evgeni, youve been helpful in IDing some of more difficult locations in Russia for me lately. The interactive map is great.

Paul, same here! This is the only sterbebild I have with such detailed info. Especially a statement from the Kompanie Komannduer. It makes you appreciate Josef's service tho, thats for sure.

Actually it is not that uncommon to have this detailed info on the cards. Here are a few more that just happen to be on my lap top:

Post your death noticesPost your death notices

If the translation is needed please let me know.

?

Nice ones Evgeni.

Here is the sterbebild of a decorated Unteroffizier, Otto Wutz of a Sturmgeschutz Abteilung.

He served time in Greece and many years in the East. While fighting in the Lake Ladoga area, he was seriously wounded and died on July 26, 1943 in Mga at 22 years old. Sadly he died a heroic death, just like his 2 brothers.

Page 9 of 97 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 ... LastLast