Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Postage stamps and Postmarks from Nazi Germany

Article about: It's a rainy day here, so I decided to post up some photos of my stamps along with information about them. I first purchased these because I wanted to start a Third Reich collection, stamps

Default Postage stamps and Postmarks from Nazi Germany

It's a rainy day here, so I decided to post up some photos of my stamps along with information about them. I first purchased these because I wanted to start a Third Reich collection, stamps are very inexpensive and readily available. I consider them "Little pieces of artwork." The description to each image is located directly below the image. I hope some of you guys take as much interest in learning as I do!

Some information on the stamp prices. For example: when you see 12+38 on a stamp, the 12 Pfennig is the cost of postage and the 38 Pfennig is the surtax. Generally the surtax went toward the war effort, or perhaps to Adolf Hitler himself.

Starting from the Top-Left going right:
    -1938: The Führer in the city in which he was born: Braunau am Inn.
    -1941: Hitler's 52nd Birthday Commemorative. This one was cancelled in Danzig.
    -1944: Hitler's 55th Birthday Commemorative.
    -1945: “A people rises up.” Stamp to promote Volkssturm.
    -1942: Bohemia and Moravia.
    -1940: Actually a 1938 Polish stamp overprinted by the Nazi's in 1940, before they printed their own.
    -1944: The Innsbruck Austria shooting matches.
    - 1942: 6 Pfennig Storm Trooper emblem for War Effort Day.
    -1934: Just a basic stamp printed until 1942

-1941: Occupied Poland. These three still have the Reichsadler tab attached.

Starting from Left to Right:
    -1941: The first two are from occupied Poland.
    -1934: 6 Pfennig with tab attached.
    -1943: 20th anniversary of the Beer Hall Putsch. “And you have won after all"
    -1943: Celebrating the 10th anniversary of Nazi seizure of power.

1942: Hitler's 53rd birthday. A German in Berlin put a stamp on this card then had it cancelled.
    Postmark translation: "With the Leader to Victory"

-1938 April 20th. Hitler's 50th birthday. The matching 3 stamps were issued to mark the taking of Austria
    by Germany. The 4th other one depicts von Hindenburg. Postmark translation: "The Fuhrer's Birthday"

Starting from the top-left to the right:

-April 20, 1944: Adolf Hitler's 55th birthday. Last birthday stamp issued. Text translates to "Germany will win".
    -April 20, 1941: Adolf Hitler's 52nd birthday.
    -November 25, 1941: Postmark translates to "Europe united front against Bolshevism"
    -January 30, 1943: 10th anniversary Nazi seizure of power. Postmark translates to "Führer command, we'll follow you!"

~Late 1930's. I don't know much about the photo on this postcard. If anyone has any info feel free to reply!

-February 23, 1937: Changing of the guard in Berlin. I'm unsure what the handwritten text says.

-Issued April 20th to 29th, 1945. Last stamps issued by the Third Reich, commemorating the SA/SS. My favorite stamps out of them all. These were only sold in Berlin, while Berlin was being shelled by the Red Army. Someone in 1945 went to the post office while under fire from the Russians.

-1942: Ok so this isn't a stamp, but still from the era. Circulated 5 Reichsmark note with period repair.
    Depicts a young boy from the Hitler Youth.

A few bonus images!
    Two NS-RKB stickpins, aluminum eagle + brass pin.
    2 Reichsmark coins. 62.5% silver.
    5 pfennig coin, 1940 made of zinc.
    NSDAP members badge M1/17 F.W. Assmann & Sohne, Ludenscheid; Late war-painted zinc.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Postage stamps and Postmarks from Nazi Germany
    P
    Many

-February 23, 1937: Changing of the guard in Berlin. I'm unsure what the handwritten text says.

[/QUOTE]

I can't get a zoom by clicking on your picture.... but I like what the postmark says : "Drivers!, it's better to put on the brakes in time than honk your horn".

Germans.... always into disciplining and teaching!