Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Postcard signed by AH - Real or fake?

Article about: Hi to all., In the Portuguese sales site "OLX" is a postcard signed by AH, I need your help to make sure it is not fake, and is a real deal. The link for the announcement: https://

Hi to all.,

I'm sorry the delay, but I had to ask the owner of the photos and documents for permission to use them and put them on the forum.
    The photos and scan the documents for analysis:

Your opinion please ...???

Best Regards.,

Von River

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Postcard signed by AH - Real or fake?
    P
    Many

Hi Von River,
    thanks for these images, from what I can see, I see no reason to not to think that this is a genuine signature. It looks to be from between 1937-40 as after that date the "drop" angle of the letters following H is much steeper and gets progressively untidy. Leon

Thanks Leon.,

And about the price, what is the fair price of an item of these?

Best Regards.,

Von River

More opinions?
    And about the price, what is the fair price of an item of these?

You won't obtain an evaluation here, unfortunately. It's against the gentleman's etiquette of this forum, as a space for collectors and historians rather than buyers and sellers. (Excepting the classifieds, of course.)

B.B.

Dear mate B.B.

I need help and opinions, so I'm asking for it.
    Ok ... it's against the gentleman's etiquette of this forum ... as a space for collectors and historians ... but all collectors and historians are buyers ... my friend.

I just want to buy safely an article that I'm completely unprepared for. Ok?

Get well.,

Von River

Meant no offence at all, and I apologise if I came across as rude or blunt. It's a rule I've seen stated often, and I was simply spreading the word, as it were.
    I do hope you get the help you need. Original A.H signatures can't be easy to come by, and I understand your trepidation. Better safe than sorry!

Regards, B.B.

Is the photo stuck to a piece of cardboard? Be good to get a back image as it may have watermarks that can confirm it's actually printed in the 1930s/40s.

The "certifcate of authenticity" looks impressive but is worth nothing probably, as Mr Swallow carefully excuses himself saying "he sees no reason not to believe the signature is NOT original.." So is he offering a money back guarantee? Not clear. Is Mr Swallow confirming himself as an expert on Hitler signatures? Apparently not. A lawyer could drive a truck through that "COA".

My advice is the signature needs to be seen by Autograph expert collectors, Hitler's signature is not rare, he signed thousands of documents that survived. The best you will get from posting an image on a forum, is someone will say "well it looks like Hitler's signature." You need to do a bit more independant research.

Anderson.,

I agree with you 100% you are absolutely right.
    Thanks for your advice.

Best Regards.,

Von River

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2