Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Pre-War Luftwaffe Document

Article about: A June 24th, 1938-dated Luftwaffe document. I don't know anything else about it.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The airfield in Schleißheim has been in existence since 1912, when it was built for the Royal Bavarian air corps. It was a military installation until 1981; nowadays it is a purely civilian airfield used by six air sports clubs and the Federal Police's helicopter service. Part of it has become a satellite facility of the German Museum in Munich and is used both as a museum/exhibition site and as an aircraft restoration workshop.
    Wow, excellent information! Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pre-War Luftwaffe Document
    P
    Many

Here is another certificate named to the same Luftwaffe individual, Georg Listl, dated to May 18th, 1937, but with a few other dates on it. It's unfortunately not in the best condition, but it's how I acquired it (I've since completely enclosed it in protective plastic covers, as I do with all documents and photos I acquire). Any clue as to what this certificate is for? My intuition tells me it's an enlistment contract.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-War Luftwaffe Document  
    Last edited by Dillinger022; 07-20-2016 at 02:44 AM.

I believe you are correct.

Verpflichtungsschein would be a certificate of commitment and Dienstverpflichtung would be a commitment to serve so in English this would be an enlistment / attestation document.

Regards

MArk
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thanks for the confirmation. It looks like he committed to serve until sometime in 1941.

I see that it states 4 1/2 years as the enlistment's duration and 1916 as the birth year of the recruit.

Yep but I doubt he had much chance of being "released from the colours" in 1941 as there was rather a lot going on!!!!

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

What does "Fliegere??akabteilung" in the unit stamp signify? In other words, what kind of unit was it?

?

Fliegerersatzabteilung approximately means Reserve Flyer Detachment.

Thanks, buddy! I didn't see the "ersatz" in there as the ink was barely visible for that word.

Incidentally, I also have his extension contract of 7.5 years which was to come to an end on March 31st, 1949.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-War Luftwaffe Document   Pre-War Luftwaffe Document  

Pre-War Luftwaffe Document  
    Last edited by Dillinger022; 07-20-2016 at 02:54 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast