Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Protektorat Ink Stamp

Article about: Nice example of one of the various forms of ink stamp used during the Nazi occupation of Czechoslovakia. The piece has a nice large form with German and Czech wording, relating to court proc

?

Default Protektorat Ink Stamp

Nice example of one of the various forms of ink stamp used during the Nazi occupation of Czechoslovakia. The piece has a nice large form with German and Czech wording, relating to court proceedings at Bojkowitz, a small town near the Slovakian border. During the war, the main factory at Bojkowitz was used to assist the German war effort. The town, called Bojkovice in Czech, also boasts a beautiful Neo-Gothic style castle that was built in the 1480's, to help defend the region against the marauding Hungarians.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Protektorat Ink Stamp   Protektorat Ink Stamp  

Protektorat Ink Stamp   Protektorat Ink Stamp  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Protektorat Ink Stamp
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Protektorat Ink Stamp

Additional images showing the town, and the castle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Protektorat Ink Stamp   Protektorat Ink Stamp  

You really do have some interesting items, Carl. Great looking castle too!

?

Thank you for your kind words Dave, and indeed the castle is mightily impressive. Then again, aside from perhaps Liechtenstein, the Czech state has more palaces and castles (per sq.km) than any other. Two years ago, we spent half the summer touring them. It was a joy to behold.

Regards,

Carl

Nice stamp and beautiful town carl. That would be a great trip to take. I find it interesting that the stamp is set up for the year 1940 only. Hence it stamps 194__ on the paperwork. I guess they had a 10 year plan.

Jay

?

You could be right Jay, ten years indeed. One assumes that any ink stamp manufacturers would have been busy had they reached 1949! This isn't the first time that I have seen this mark though, i.e. the 194_, as aia have seen it before on another ink stamp from the occupation.

Regards,

Carl

Carl

Nice ink stamp! Impressive castle also. Do you have an example of the stamp on paper? Don't ink it, of course.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Thanks Green, I'll write it up when I get a bit of spare time and post it.

Regards,

Carl

?

As requested...

(D) Diese Abschrift stimmt mit der aus ___ dogen bestehenden mit ___ K. Stempel versenenen Urschrift beglaubigten. Abschrift ___ wortlich uberein.

(C) Opis tento souhlasí deslouně s prvopisem ___ ověřeným opisem ___ o ___ a ___ opatřeným kolkem za ___ K.

(D) Gerichtskanzlei des Bezirksgerichts Bojkowitz.

(C) Soudní Kancelář okresního soudu v Bojkovicích.

den ___ 194_

"Roughly" translated...

This copy agrees literally with the original, certified copy of _ and _ bearing the stamp of _

Judicial District Court Office in Boskovice.

Date-

Regards,

Carl

?

Another stamp, from the same location...
    Attached Images Attached Images Protektorat Ink Stamp  Protektorat Ink Stamp  Protektorat Ink Stamp  Protektorat Ink Stamp