Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Question about a German WW2 photo album cover

Article about: Hello to everybody. I'm new in this forum and I would like to post you a question about a the cover of a photo album belonged to a German soldier who served in France and eastern front. My q

Default Question about a German WW2 photo album cover

Hello to everybody.
    I'm new in this forum and I would like to post you a question about a the cover of a photo album belonged to a German soldier who served in France and eastern front. My question regards the eagle, which is in plastic material and is attached to the cover. What do you think about? Is it original? I've never seen an album cover like this one before.

Thank you all for any comment.

Marco.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question about a German WW2 photo album cover
    P
    Many

Default Re: Question about a German WW2 photo album cover

Hi Marco, it appears original to me.

Welcome to the forum!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade, thank you for your kind and prompt answer.

Regards, Marco.

That looks fine to me, I have purchased a few and been searching for german photo albums lately, I have seen them with a Heer helmet on the front, also with the Luftwaffe eagle and they are the same plastic type material, there were many different variations and styles at the time. Post some of the inside photos when you get the chance.

Hello maximus7, thanks for you comment.

Here's some photos inside the album. I guess the soldier who took them served most probably in a second line unit. The album contains more than 250 pics, but unfortunately many haven't a military subject, that's why I'm selling the album. But before doing this I wanted to be sure the eagle was original and not fake in order to keep a clear conscience. I was pretty sure about the originality, but I preferred ask to the experts of this forum.

?

Welcome to the forum Marco! Thanks for sharing your album too

Hello maximus71, hello Bill T, thanks both for your posts and warm welcome.

Last night I sent a new message with some photos of the album, but I don't understand why it hasn't been posted yet. By the way, I'll try again in next hours.

Here's some photos of the album:

Thank you for sharing.

?

Hi,
    I too can ocnfirm you have nothing to worry about. Many Albums were produced before the out-break of war for Heer, Kreigmarine & Luftwaffe; often accompinied with the wording " Meine Dienstzeit". This was to encourage servicemen to keep a photographic account of their time serving the Reich. I have 3 Luftwaffe albums and 2 Heer albums with similar plastic eagles, all complete.
    All the best, hope this helps