Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RAD Unit - 6/243 - Service Unit Document for Hering K.

Article about: With the addition of my RAD enlisted man items I posted recently I want to do some research into this unit award document and German Soldier. Name is Hering K. on the document. He served in

?

Default RAD Unit - 6/243 - Service Unit Document for Hering K.

With the addition of my RAD enlisted man items I posted recently I want to do some research into this unit award document and German Soldier. Name is Hering K. on the document. He served in RAD unit 6/243 and was given this document to commemorate his service on October 25th of 1938.

What do you recommend on how to research him further to find out what became of him during the war or after? Any information you can help me glean is appreciated.

I did have an outside professional source research an SS man years ago I have an album from. I found more digging on internet myself. Any help or recommendations is always graciously appreciated.

Have a great weekend! Rossi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Unit - 6/243 - Service Unit Document for Hering K.   RAD Unit - 6/243 - Service Unit Document for Hering K.  

RAD Unit - 6/243 - Service Unit Document for Hering K.   RAD Unit - 6/243 - Service Unit Document for Hering K.  

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Unit - 6/243 - Service Unit Document for Hering K.
    P
    Many

very nice doc.Rossi.

I like it!..

Further research will be very difficult, if not impossible. All we have is the surname and abbreviated first name. (And Hering is not even a particularly rare name.)

What I can tell you is that Arbeitsgau W was the Westwall-Einsatz and RAD-Abteilung 6/243 (honor title "Hochmeister Karl von Trier") was garrisoned at Tawern in the Trier-Saarburg county.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Further research will be very difficult, if not impossible. All we have is the surname and abbreviated first name. (And Hering is not even a particularly rare name.)

What I can tell you is that Arbeitsgau W was the Westwall-Einsatz and RAD-Abteilung 6/243 (honor title "Hochmeister Karl von Trier") was garrisoned at Tawern in the Trier-Saarburg county.
    Thanks Much. Appreciate the details you provided.

?

A very nice find !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post

Did a little research to see what I could find tonight. As you stated the men there were used for the construction and mounting of the Western Wall. 6/243 "Grand Master Karl von Trier". Location Tawern. I was able to find a couple post cards of the unit 6/243 camp in Tawern on sale on ebay currently. They are below.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Unit - 6/243 - Service Unit Document for Hering K.   RAD Unit - 6/243 - Service Unit Document for Hering K.  

?

Old thread Kirk !! Arbeitsgau XXIV Mittelrhein, Gruppe 243 Ida Oberstein-Wendel, Abt 6/243 Tawern 'Hochmeister Karl v Trier'

RAD Unit - 6/243 - Service Unit Document for Hering K.   RAD Unit - 6/243 - Service Unit Document for Hering K.  

Attached Images Attached Images RAD Unit - 6/243 - Service Unit Document for Hering K. 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "