Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Recent document purchase including award citations

Article about: Hi guys, I just wanted to share with you this recent pickup from eBay for the meagre sum of £25 and the seller gave me some great freebies! Here is the first grouping originally belonging to

Default Recent document purchase including award citations

Hi guys,

I just wanted to share with you this recent pickup from eBay for the meagre sum of £25 and the seller gave me some great freebies!

Here is the first grouping originally belonging to Horst Becker.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recent document purchase including award citations   Recent document purchase including award citations  

Recent document purchase including award citations   Recent document purchase including award citations  

Recent document purchase including award citations   Recent document purchase including award citations  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Recent document purchase including award citations
    P
    Many

Some more documents belonging to different people...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recent document purchase including award citations   Recent document purchase including award citations  

And the freebies, one image is very interesting which I would love some more info on. Some of the men appear to be either SS or SD.

Thank you, Glen.

- - Updated - -

Any extra information would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you, Glen.

The top soldier (Becker) was captured by the Russians at Pillau (East Prussia) on 27 April 1945 and spent 14 months in a POW camp 10 Kilometers south of Kursk, being released on 27 June 1946...
    Considered a Juvenile by the denazification committee, he was declared free of any charges...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    The top soldier (Becker) [...] Considered a Juvenile by the denazification committee, he was declared free of any charges...
    Hi Glenn, it states on the documentation that Becker was born in 1916? Would the comment about him being a 'juvenile' be a clerical error?

Philip

Well, he would have been 17 and a juvenile in 1933...it says "due to paragraph 14 he is legally a juvenile"...I don't think there are any errors as far as the document goes... Interesting stuff, thanks!
    cheers, Glenn

?

Thanks Glenn for the clarification. Presumably by being below 21 years in 1933 he was deemed to have played no part (ie by voting) in the Nazis rise to power. I guess that I'd have to go further into denazification process to understand properly how it worked.

It would be interesting to have some opinions about the other photos in the 3rd post. Given the uniforms and that the men are on the older side, I wondered if they could be Sicherheitspolizei (Sipo - Security Police). I understand that they wore the same uniform as the SD. Sipo were of course much involved in the Einsatzgruppen used in mass killings in the East. Perhaps the second photo is related - it may suggest some kind on security action in process.

Philip

I have to add that Becker was stationed on an Armoured Train (Eisenbahnzug 6) before being wounded...According to the document from the Deutsche Dienststelle dated 1954...
    cheers, Glenn

Thank you for the added info guys. I agree with you Philip in that the photo is very interesting!

Thank you, Glen.