Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Reichsbahn Ink Stamp

Article about: Bumming a little as I missed getting this Reichsbahn Stamp today. I know ink stamps are heavily faked but I think this was one of the real ones. Thoughts?

?

Default Reichsbahn Ink Stamp

I missed getting this Reichsbahn Stamp today but I am still gut checking if it was a miss or not? I know ink stamps are heavily faked but I think this may have been one of the real ones. Thoughts?

Reichsbahn Ink StampReichsbahn Ink StampReichsbahn Ink StampReichsbahn Ink StampReichsbahn Ink Stamp
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsbahn Ink Stamp
    P
    Many

?

Hey Kirk. Sorry for the loss.. What were these used for ?? Looks almost unissued and without any kind of "Smokers" patina / otherwise.. Just curious as I see stamps from time to time and just a bit leery.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Hey Kirk. Sorry for the loss.. What were these used for ?? Looks almost unissued and without any kind of "Smokers" patina / otherwise.. Just curious as I see stamps from time to time and just a bit leery.. G
    I am not sure 100% as well. I am hoping someone knows a little more. Not sure if this one was for ink or a wax stamp application. Either way they are a little dicey on originality as times. I felt pretty good looking at the tooling on this piece versus others I have seen. I may be wrong and off base but this one looked okay to me. Again I am not stamp expert either.

MAP
    ?

Looks like it was made yesterday. Even if unissued, I would expect to see some aging to the lacquer on the handle...plus, no dents, dings to the piece...

That is not an outright sign its not real, but I would have tread very lightly and asked a lot of people.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Yes it did look pretty unissued or unused which could very well have been the case. Thanks for the opinions. Some of these things remain just pandora's box and I can never seem to feel 100% on stamps in general. I know some guys collect them all the time. Just not my area I guess of comfort.

MAP
    ?

I have one stamp I stumbled across years ago (Heer). One look under a loop and there was no doubt on originality. Otherwise I wouldn't have purchased it. More fakes by far than real ones out there.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Not sure if this one was for ink or a wax stamp application.
    Wax. Note that the text and the eagle are recessed. On an ink stamp, they would be raised.

I agree with Andreas ...would of been used for a wax stamp or some type of embossing application....type and eagle all are inverted

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill