Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Reichstag Ballot paper

Article about: G'day all, an interesting little ballot paper from the 1930's, party number two conjures up all kinds of thoughts. There is something creepy about seeing the name Hitler on an election ballo

Default Reichstag Ballot paper

G'day all,
    an interesting little ballot paper from the 1930's, party number two conjures up all kinds of thoughts. There is something creepy about seeing the name Hitler on an election ballot.
    Cheers, Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichstag Ballot paper  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichstag Ballot paper
    P
    Many

Default re: Reichstag Ballot paper

Very interesting, never seen one before. Thanks!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

That's amazing! I am going to research the other parties. I wasn't aware that there were so many.

These German ballots are quite the interesting lots. For awhile, I used to collect them and had quite the assortment. On some, the circle to check by Hitler's name was twice the size of the other parties(kind of a subtle Hint, I guess..) and on one, I remember, the ballot came Pre-checked (actually Printed with a check mark!)by Hitler's name! Apparently, they weren't taking any chances in that district! They Do make great conversation pieces, for sure! Nice pick up!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks boys, I had never seen one before this one but, like William, I think it is definately a great conversation piece!

?

Well done Dave, that is a nice addition to your collection. Throughout the years, I have seen a few examples such as the one that William mentions above with the larger circle, but it is always nice to see more.

Regards,

Carl

Default Re: Reichstag Ballot paper

Dave: That's an interesting ballot. It was used prior to June 1933 when the SPD was banned and many of its leaders were arrested. There were so many elections in Germany around the time the NSDAP came to power that I have no clue as to exactly when that ballot was cast. But it was definitely prior to June 1933. That is a very nice historical piece. Dwight