Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Reichstag ID Card of a Johann Appler

Article about: one more item from the lot i got is this Reichstag ID Card of a Johann Appler, i like to know what do you think about this id, and i love to know who he was, i found something on wiki but no

Default Reichstag ID Card of a Johann Appler

one more item from the lot i got is this Reichstag ID Card of a Johann Appler, i like to know what do you think about this id, and i love to know who he was, i found something on wiki but not much there is a lot more in the german wiki but i dont know what they try to tell me, maybe someone has some more information about this chap and about this id card
    many thanks in advance

here the wiki link
    Johann Appler
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichstag ID Card of a Johann Appler   Reichstag ID Card of a Johann Appler  

Reichstag ID Card of a Johann Appler  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichstag ID Card of a Johann Appler
    P
    Many

Default Re: Reichstag ID Card of a Johann Appler

Does this help?

Google Translate

Never seen one of the cards before. But it looks good to me. Is it on an oilcloth type material?

Cheers, Ade.

As for the nature of the card itself:

This card (as well as the one for Robert Claussen in the parallel thread) is a bus pass authorizing Reichstag delegates to use bus lines operated by the national postal service free of charge.

The last page translates as:

"The holder in person is entitled to free travel and transportation of luggage of up to 20 kilograms on the bus lines operated by the German National Postal Service; for rural mail routes, this authorization is valid only in so far as the transportation of passengers is permitted. The pass is not valid for extra tours.

Seat reservations (via the postal agencies at the point of departure or the destination of the postal bus line) are recommended, as transportation can only be expected if there is still a vacant seat.

If the holder is no more a member of the
    Reichstag, the pass becomes void and is to be returned to the Reichstag offices. Howver, in the case of new elections for the Reichstag, it remains valid up to the end of the 8th day after the elections."

?

Well done Andreas !! I've never seen a Third Reich Bus pass before !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

By the way, we even had the one for Philipp Bouhler posted here in earlier thread. Please see here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/photo...78/#post360867

?

Must have missed that one !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Does this help?

Google Translate

Never seen one of the cards before. But it looks good to me. Is it on an oilcloth type material?

Cheers, Ade.
    yes somehow, looks watherproof to me (will not try and wash it)

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    As for the nature of the card itself:

This card (as well as the one for Robert Claussen in the parallel thread) is a bus pass authorizing Reichstag delegates to use bus lines operated by the national postal service free of charge.

The last page translates as:

"The holder in person is entitled to free travel and transportation of luggage of up to 20 kilograms on the bus lines operated by the German National Postal Service; for rural mail routes, this authorization is valid only in so far as the transportation of passengers is permitted. The pass is not valid for extra tours.

Seat reservations (via the postal agencies at the point of departure or the destination of the postal bus line) are recommended, as transportation can only be expected if there is still a vacant seat.

If the holder is no more a member of the
    Reichstag, the pass becomes void and is to be returned to the Reichstag offices. Howver, in the case of new elections for the Reichstag, it remains valid up to the end of the 8th day after the elections."
    thank you