Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rückstellungsausweis 1945

Article about: Hi, I have read that some think this may be an Ausweis for having German nationals return back home, thus being given this special paper but from what I understood from the owner, and attach

Default Rückstellungsausweis 1945

Hi,

I have read that some think this may be an Ausweis for having German nationals return back home, thus being given this special paper but from what I understood from the owner, and attached leaflet, is that it was given out to those who where exempt from forced-labor and continue their normal job. I would like to know if someone else may have a better understanding and usage for this ausweis and if one can see another sample?

Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rückstellungsausweis  1945   Rückstellungsausweis  1945  

Rückstellungsausweis  1945  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rückstellungsausweis  1945
    P
    Many

Default Re: Rückstellungsausweis 1945

Quote by huddyhuddy View Post
    I have read that some think this may be an Ausweis for having German nationals return back home, thus being given this special paper but from what I understood from the owner, and attached leaflet, is that it was given out to those who where exempt from forced-labor and continue their normal job. I would like to know if someone else may have a better understanding and usage for this ausweis and if one can see another sample?
    I would say you are right about the use of this document. It definitely has nothing to do with the resettlement/return of German nationals, as "Rückstellung" (in an administrative context) means "deferment of call-up" or "postponement".

The printed entries on the document itself do not give specific data about the nature of the deferment/postponement, but the red stamp says "Arbeitseinsatz u.k.".
    "Arbeitseinsatz" roughly translates as "use for labor"/"workforce use". "u.k." means "unabkömmlich", literally translated as "indispensable"/"engaged", it means "deferred from service" in this context.

This was due to the man's employment as a Behördenangestellter [= civil service employee] with the Öffentliches Fürsorgeamt at Den Haag [= Public Welfare Office at The Hague].

Default Re: Rückstellungsausweis 1945

Many thanks for the detailed reply. His job is surely something needed to continue, I guess, thus given this Ausweis.