Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Sa motorsturm document 1934

Article about: Hey guys, (This is my second thread in 2 days so I hope no1 minds) I have this document I got from a friend who works estate sales, mostly apartments in Munich. He gave this to me a while ba

?

Default Sa motorsturm document 1934

Hey guys,
    (This is my second thread in 2 days so I hope no1 minds)

I have this document I got from a friend who works estate sales, mostly apartments in Munich. He gave this to me a while back and it was Supposedly signed by Adolf Huhnlein- (korpsfuhrer of the SA Motor division/NSKK). I havent shown it to anyone since Ive had it, so i wanted some opinions. I believe the document to be legit, but it states that the signee of the document as "Obertruppfuhrer" (Senior Leader) not Korpsfuhrer?? Would this be a legitimate rank title on paper for Adolf Huhnlein in late March 1934??
    The only signature I have found to compare it to is at a much later date (1942) whch is on a photo, and they have differences as it looks like he took his time to sign it. This document looks to be signed very quickly w/out much thought.

From what I know, it reads something about a SAmann Willy Schackler who has completed his service in the SA from 1933-1934. And the signee requests to regard him for a new job because his financial situation is not the best.
    ANY INFO OR TRANSLATIONS ARE MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!
    please let me know if I need to post more pics (i did the best my camera lets me!)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sa motorsturm document 1934   Sa motorsturm document 1934  

Sa motorsturm document 1934   Sa motorsturm document 1934  

Sa motorsturm document 1934   Sa motorsturm document 1934  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sa motorsturm document 1934
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Sa motorsturm document 1934

you can click on the pics to see a close up if needed too! Again, thanks for ANY input. Also there is what looks to be a period correction on the "y" in willy's name. I have seen this done in other documents, so it doesnt worry me.....but I still would like to know who signed this

It says:

"23 March 1934

To the National Railways Directorate
    Stuttgart

Herewith, it is acknowledged to the MSA-Man*) Willy Schäckeler from Feuerbach that he has been with the SA since 10 May 1933 and that he has duly fulfilled his duties since that time. We ask you to take the aforementioned into the best possible consideration when filling a vacancy as his personal financial situation is not exactly the most favorable one.

The Commander of Motorsturm 5/55

m.d.F.b. **)

[signed: Illegible]

Obertruppführer"

*) MSA = Motor-SA
    **) This is the abbreviation for "Mit der Führung beauftragt" = "Charged with command", meaning that this person is acting as a temporary commander.

The document was definitely not signed by Hühnlein: The man who has signed it was merely the temporary commander of a single Motorsturm and held the rank of Obertruppführer, which is of SNCO level, while Hühnlein held the general officer rank of Obergruppenführer at the time.

?

Thanks alot HPL! I never really thought it was signed by Huhnlein ever since he gave it to me. I had serious doubts as to why he would just give that away, but I figured it would be worth posting and finding out what it says....since I cannot read German. And I figured the rank title was wrong as well....that was the first thing that got my attention. The guy I got it from is some1 I used to do business with over the telephone from a previous job of mine. Turned out he had some photos I bought and he threw this in with them for free. He told me he thought it was signed by Huhnlein, but I never really believed it anyway. Plus I couldnt find any info on Motorsturm 5/55 either. Thanks alot for translating it for me!! I know its kind of a meaningless document, but its still neat to find out what it says!

One question though HPL: Was Huhnlein not Korpsfuhrer of the NSKK yet in March of 34? Cuz I know he was promoted in 1934, but I just didnt know when in 34. I dont know too much about him, other than what Ive read about his famed "automobile racing deal" lol
    Last edited by Bill T; 10-28-2010 at 09:46 PM.

?

So this SA mann was trying for a position at the Reichsban huh? And thats interesting to know that the obertruppfuhrer was "charged with command" only tmeporarily. Thank you for teaching me about the Obertuppfuhrer and Obergruppenfuhrer differences. I will be honest with you.....I can get easily confused when it comes to rank titles. Im sure it could help by learning a bit of the German language too. But I also have alot to learn, and I know this....that is why I am here and thankfully there are people who are willing to teach

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Was Huhnlein not Korpsfuhrer of the NSKK yet in March of 34? Cuz I know he was promoted in 1934, but I just didnt know when in 34.
    Hühnlein was promoted to the new rank of Korpsführer in December 1934.

?

oh ok gotcha! thanks again for the info and translation.

HPL: I have a Knights Cross Holder original photo (not postcard) that I cannot identify.......Im guessing you might know. It is in my photo thread that you posted earlier on. It would be great if you could take a quick look when you had some spare time. Plus, I dont know what his cuff title says either, which you may know too

Panzer, that is a good friend to stay in touch with..............!
    Regards,

Steve.

I love any document Panzer. There are no mundane documents to me. It's interesting to see normal daily correspondence in the TR, and how individuals interacted.

Jay

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    HPL: I have a Knights Cross Holder original photo (not postcard) that I cannot identify.......Im guessing you might know. It is in my photo thread that you posted earlier on. It would be great if you could take a quick look when you had some spare time. Plus, I dont know what his cuff title says either, which you may know too
    Sure; I've posted the ID of the man and his cufftitle in that thread. You might be surprised.