Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Recruitment Poster ??

Article about: I picked this up recently, its an early SA recruitment poster I believe ? Its in a stable condition, although the old owner, originally an SA Man, stuck various news paper clippings to the r

Default SA Recruitment Poster ??

I picked this up recently, its an early SA recruitment poster I believe ?

Its in a stable condition, although the old owner, originally an SA Man, stuck various news paper clippings to the rear of it and added some tape to the edges for stability, not the best action I know for its originality, but does add some extra character I feel

Thanks for looking
    CheersSA Recruitment Poster ??SA Recruitment Poster ??SA Recruitment Poster ??SA Recruitment Poster ??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Recruitment Poster ??
    P
    Many

Not a recruitment poster for the SA as such, but a call to register for pre-military training undertaken by the SA, the goal of which would have been attaining the SA-Wehrabzeichen.

(After the SA-Sportabzeichen was "elevated" to become the SA-Wehrabzeichen and made the basis of pre- and post military training, it became open to all physically fit German males, whether they were SA members or not. In fact, qualifying for this badge was declared a "moral obligation".)

Thank you. Would you have an idea of what year this was from and where ?

Cheers

A great item, gotta love these period paper items... haven't seen one of these before. And apparently with some history to it as well --- as long as the clipping are period and fixed by the man, like you said, I don't feel it detracts. Perhaps for silly "mint only" collectors but not for collectors that center more around history rather than condition.

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    Thank you. Would you have an idea of what year this was from and where ?
    The poster as such is a generic one and is not specific to any one SA unit or area. The text at the bottom simply says "Meldestelle: SA-Sturm" ["reporting office: SA-Sturm" (= SA company), to which the individual units could add their designation and address, which hasn't been done here.

The newspaper clippings at the back are about the 1943 Thanksgiving festivities at Mettingen and Lengerich in the Tecklenburg county in North Rhine - Westphalia.

Great, many thanks for the additional information

Just one more question if I may ? Would these posters be from the wartime period or pre-39 ?

Prost

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    Just one more question if I may ? Would these posters be from the wartime period or pre-39 ?
    Sorry; I can't date the poster itself.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Sorry; I can't date the poster itself.
    Thanks for your assistance

Just put it in a frame to protect it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Recruitment Poster ??   SA Recruitment Poster ??  

Nicely done.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast