Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Scottish Hitler Youth lol? Is this the former leader of the SNP Arthur Donaldson?

Article about: Hello all. I have this photo of a man in a kilt with boys in the Hitler Youth. Did some research and was wondering if this was the former Leader of the Scottish SNP Arthur Donaldson. Did he

Question Scottish Hitler Youth lol? Is this the former leader of the SNP Arthur Donaldson?

Hello all. I have this photo of a man in a kilt with boys in the Hitler Youth. Did some research and was wondering if this was the former Leader of the Scottish SNP Arthur Donaldson. Did he ever visit Germany in the 30's? I know he was jailed by the British for being a "Quisling" Scottish Nationalist in 1941. I couldn't find any photo's of him during this time. What do you guy's think?
    Scottish Hitler Youth lol?  Is this the former leader of the SNP Arthur Donaldson? Scottish Hitler Youth lol?  Is this the former leader of the SNP Arthur Donaldson? Scottish Hitler Youth lol?  Is this the former leader of the SNP Arthur Donaldson?Scottish Hitler Youth lol?  Is this the former leader of the SNP Arthur Donaldson?
    Last edited by yarmouth; 05-28-2014 at 07:25 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Scottish Hitler Youth lol?  Is this the former leader of the SNP Arthur Donaldson?
    P
    Many

I have to admit, the ears,eyes and eyebrows and nose certainly look to be very similar. It could well be a much younger version of the same man.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I have to admit, the ears,eyes and eyebrows and nose certainly look to be very similar. It could well be a much younger version of the same man.
    Now wouldn't that be an interesting topic of conversation in Scotland lol. I remember that Rudolf Hess flew to Scotland to meet with Nationalist sympathizers during the war.

?

Here's a picture from his 1945 electoral campaign, I think there is a resemblence.

Scottish Hitler Youth lol?  Is this the former leader of the SNP Arthur Donaldson?

Thanks Tinhat!

Scots 'tried to set up Nazi alliance' - Telegraph

The Tablet: 1st June 1940
    News And Notes

The Nazis And Scottish Nationalism - from the Tablet Archive

Fascist Scotland by Gavin Bowd (April 2013)

Publisher's blurb: "On 10 May 1941, Rudolf Hess, Deputy Fuhrer of the Third Reich, entered Scottish airspace in an ill-fated attempt to discuss peace with the Duke of Hamilton. For the Nazis, Hess was the victim of 'tragic hallucinations'. But how far had Hess really flown from reality? Although Fascism in Britain is normally associated with England, and especially the East End of London, and even then dismissed as a marginal political phenomenon, Fascism did find support in Scottish society. Scotland has provided its own cohort of idealists, fanatics and traitors for extreme racist, nationalist and authoritarian politics. From Dumfries to Alness, one of the main ideologies of the first half of the twentieth century found its standard-bearers. But when Fascism crossed the Cheviots, it found itself in a restless part of a multi-nation state, riven by sectarian hatreds. Rudolf Hess felt the natives looked at him 'in a compassionate way', but Scottish Fascism had to carve out a niche in a crowded market for bigotry. In this book Gavin Bowd relates a fascinating and little-known part of our history which reveals some uncomfortable truths which are bound to stimulate debate even now."
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Thanks StefanM

Interesting stuff. It does look like him.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by yarmouth View Post
    Thanks StefanM
    Definitely Donaldson.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Many HJ units visited Scout troops in Britain in the 30's maybe the photo is Scotland

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast