Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Searching for someone named "Geisler" @ Stalingrad

Article about: Hi All - Looking for a German solider named Geisler (that's all I have unfortunately) who fought @ battle of Stalingrad. Is there any way to get info if he was there at all, went missing, di

?

Default Searching for someone named "Geisler" @ Stalingrad

Hi All -

Looking for a German solider named Geisler (that's all I have unfortunately) who fought @ battle of Stalingrad. Is there any way to get info if he was there at all, went missing, died or survived?
    Thank you in advance for any help.

Cheers,
    Fabe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Searching for someone named "Geisler" @ Stalingrad
    P
    Many

There are over 60 Geisler's listed in Volksbund as being killed or missing during the time frame of Stalingrad. Some of them will of been killed elsewhere but I dare say if you went through each one some would show as being killed/missing there. Add in to that any that were wounded, caught outside the pocket or sent away from the battle area and survived and you have an impossible search on your hands especially as there are no lists that show those kind of figures, in terms of names at least. Unfortunately without a first name and date of birth you won't be able to find out any more than you already have.

One very definite is one Gefreiter Paul Geisler as of 1.1.43. He belonged to 1st kompanie Luftwaffe Bau-Batl. 6/III, his rollnummer 65.

?

Thank you all for any info - I only have his gas-mask canister found in Stalingrad - with name on bottom:
    Searching for someone named "Geisler" @ StalingradSearching for someone named "Geisler" @ Stalingrad