Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

'Senat der Bayern' Metal Document Stamp

Article about: Hello everybody, A few years ago I picked up this document stamp. After recently researching this item, I now suspect it to be a fantasy piece. However, I can't seem to find an identical mat

?

Default Metal Document Stamp

Hello everybody, A few years ago I picked up this document stamp. After recently researching this item, I now suspect it to be a fantasy piece. However, I can't seem to find an identical match to it on the internet (stamp design - both font and eagle); the detail on the face of the stamp is higher than any of the others I have seen before (in particular, eagle and flag design) and there seems to be evidence of 'usage'/'wear' on typical parts of the handle and stamp face. Also, the general design and metal material of the stamp face appears to be different than any other of the fantasy items I've seen. I know it's a long shot that this item is genuine, but I just thought I'd run it by you guys on here first Cheers, skip01.

'Senat der Bayern' Metal Document Stamp'Senat der Bayern' Metal Document Stamp
    Last edited by skip01; 10-01-2014 at 05:30 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 'Senat der Bayern' Metal Document Stamp
    P
    Many

Welcome Skip,

You are right in your initial assumption, it's a Polish made fake. Note the exact same handle, roughly finished, stained black, same shape etc. and the same copper coloured stamp face. These can come in many different guises from the mundane to purporting to come from the desk of Adolf Hitler himself, but they are all junk.

'Senat der Bayern' Metal Document Stamp

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks for the reply, big ned. I'll have to be more careful in the future! Thanks, skip01.

Quote by skip01 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, big ned. I'll have to be more careful in the future! Thanks, skip01.
    Why have you removed the picture? It renders the thread useless and besides, we don't condone that kind of behaviour here old boy.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Sorry, I didn't mean to cause any offence I was going to change the pictures for better ones but the file uploader window decided to through a wobbler. Pictures are back up for you now!

Neds right crap.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    Neds right crap.
    No need for that mate.....

?

The most common form of reproduction ink stamp on the market. Don't be fooled by unusual markings and details on such pieces, they have endless variations and the finer details can be quite convincing.