Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.

Article about: More images of one of the scarce examples from KL-Flossenburg... This format of Pramienschein was utilised in several KLs. Regards, Carl

?

Several well worn examples from Litzmannstadt, including a fragile Fünf Mark piece - note the tape used to repair this example.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.
    P
    Many

Default German Military Money

The German military man had considerable traveling to do and quite often found himself in several different countries over the space of a short span of time. This presented him with a problem-how to spend his money in a country that had Kroner for a currency unit when he had just left a country that had Zlotych for It's currency units. The solution they came up with was this couple series of notes. They could be converted to whatever the local currency was where they had arrived to and could also be spent in their own canteens too, and if they Did spend it in one, it was worth 10 times the face value, so every one was happy. They even experimented with a pair of zink 5 pfennig and 10 pfennig coins-immediately recognizable from civilian coins by their Holes in the middles. After the war, these notes were, naturally, worthless and one can sometimes find them with printed things on their blank sides such as grocery coupons, theater tickets or what have you. The 2st series had the reverse side on them as shown in the last currency photo.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Default German Occupation Currency

Another solution that the Germans came up with for the endless confusion over different moneys in a huge number of occupied countries was a typical German way of thinking. They decided to issue a series of "universal" banknotes that would work in all of their conquered territories. These notes were issued, much to the occupied people's dismay, along with the instructions that they Were to be accepted and furthermore, they declared the Rate at which they would be accepted at. Usually at a pre-war exchange rate for German Marks. To add insult to injury, they were Not legal tender in Germany itself, but Only in the occupied lands.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.
    William

Default Homeland Germany Currency

As for Germany itself, it had a myriad of different coins and notes circulating all at the same time throughout the TR period. When the TR era began, the days of the Trillion mark Depression notes were just fading, but the Rentenmark which saved the day was still viable currency and so it could still be found being spent. The 50 Rentenmark note shown is one of the last of it's race and is quite uncommon to find. Note too, the largest note shown-the 1000 ReichsMark note. As can be expected, it had Big spending power and the average German likely never held one in their hand, much less spent one. It, also, is fairly uncommon, of course.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.
    William

Default Homeland Germany Coinage

Germany also had a bewildering number of different coins circulating in the TR era. It is interesting to see the effect of the war on the metals used. Early TR coinage came in such fine metals as Nickel, Bronze and even Silver. Towards the later years, it had degenerated to Aluminum and zink and several denominations had been dropped altogether, such as the 1 ReichsMark, the 2 pfennig and the large silver coins-the 5 ReichsMark and the 2 ReichsMark as well.
    SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.
    William

Default Germaan TR era Commemorative Coinage

Germany, early in the TR days also produced a number of silver Commemorative coins. The German mints had been making a Long series of commemoratives before the Hitler era came to be, and the tradition continued, at least for a few years, after the TR had come to power but then the power and war efforts quickly eliminated them and the German government got down to business and attempting the conquest of Europe. It was proposed that after the "war had been won" that a number of coins would be produced to celebrate the event and some designs were even said to have been made, but this, of course, never came to pass.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.
    William

Default Coins And Currency Of Albania

A fairly overlooked country, Albania was early on occupied by Italy. Hence the bust of King Vittorio Emmanuel III is on their coinage. Despite it's relatively small size, Albania was, nonetheless, the scene of some very bloody fighting during the war. It's coinage consists of steel, bronze and silver. The 2 silver pieces(5+10 Lek) are on the scarce side to find.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.
    William

Default Belgium Coins And Currency

Belgium, the unfortunately occupied country, had a very unusual system. It features 2 languages on it's coins and currency-Flemish and French. As you can see from the coins, the designs are identical but the inscriptions are different. Not the best photos of them I know, but if anyone needs to see a better close up of any of them, let me know and I'll do a macro on them for you. As in other countries, the early coins were made of quality metals, but under the German occupation, they were all converted to the ubiquitous Zink. The zink ones are the difficult to read dark one. The currency, however, continued on with it's fairly high quality. The 10,000 Franc note is still redeemable today and is quite hard, therefore, to come by in decent condition. Fittingly, it is the most attractive of the series. It, along with the 1000 Franc are Very large size notes and I've always wondered just what a wallet of the period must have been shaped like.

William

I have posted these in another thread but in case you have not seen them here are my currency notes from the Theresienstadt Ghetto. My collection came my way via Carl over the course of time. Leon.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.
    Last edited by CARL; 05-21-2014 at 06:36 PM.

Default Estonia

In the little Baltic country of Estonia, just as the war began they were in the process of preparing to print out new currency, but the German steamroller called a halt to those plans. So, when the war started, the only money they had produced at the time was a single tiny 1 Sent coin (although, it Did have 3 very fine lions on it). However, once the Germans arrived , one of the 1st targets they swooped in on was the much valued Port Kunda Cement Plant. Much to the German's chagrin, however, they could not get anyone to work in the plant as there was no money to Pay the workers. The Germans quickly came up with a solution to the problem and printed out special money Just for the cement plant. Each note is stamped and signed by an unknown German officer and the plant, once again, went to work churning out the much desired high quality cement that it had been known for. I particularly like the very fine Moose on each one of these interesting notes. I included a shot of the back of one (they all have the same back) to show the stamp and signature. Note, the payment is in Rubels!

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.
    William

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast