Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.

Article about: More images of one of the scarce examples from KL-Flossenburg... This format of Pramienschein was utilised in several KLs. Regards, Carl

Default Channel Island Guernsey Wartime Currency

Technically, the 10 Shilling note does not belong in the series-despite it being printed in 1943, they,along with a 1 Pound note, were held back and not circulated until post-war. The last photo is to show the reverse side design-they all had the same design.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.
    P
    Many

Default Channel Island Jersey Wartime Currency

Unlike it's neighbor island Guernsey, Jersey did issue it's 1 Pound notes and used them during wartime. They are the most hardest to find of the series. Note the signature and date on the Six Pence. It is from Edmund Blampied-a native of Jersey and a World famous Artist. The Six Pence,also concealed a small bit of resistance by Blampied. When folded in half, the "X" became an "V" for Victory.It was Blampied that was commissioned to design the currency and postage stamps for the occupation issues.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.
    William

Default Occupied Slovenia-Provinz Laibach Currency

Originally part of Yugoslavia in 1941, Slovenia was eaten by Germany, Italy and Hungary. Until 1943, "Laibach" was part of Italy, but when the Italians left and the Germans came in, the Germans declared the Province of Ljubljana was now the Province of Laibach and currency was issued. The currency issued was abit unusual, as it had the same design on each side but with Slovenian on one and German on the other. The sizes also varied from the size of a postage stamp to that of a good sized postcard. Laibach was dissolved in May of 1945 and returned into Yugoslavia. Today, most of it is now the Republic of Slovenia.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.
    William

Quote by CARL88 View Post
    Nice displays gents. Regarding the economic struggles of Germany during the earlier period mentioned above, I remember reading a story a while ago, about somebody shopping for bread in Germany. They took a huge pile of banknotes to the bakers in a basket, turned around in the shop to look at something, and when they turned back, somebody had stolen the basket...but left the money on the floor in a heap. Incredible. One hopes that those times never return to haunt any of us...

Regards,

Carl
    Not just in Germany, on one of the very rare occasions that my father spoke about his former life in Poalnd he once mentioned his father coming home with a suitcase packed full of banknotes which he kept in a wardrobe cupboard, Poland had its own hyperinflation, or maybe my grandfather was simply a bank robber
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

It was common in Depression era Weimar Germany to actually Burn paper money for heat. Children would play with it and others would use it for wallpaper. When you had bank notes in denominations of a 100,000,000,000,000 Marks, it did take a bit to purchase anything. By December of 1923, a Postage Stamp was priced at 50 Billion Marks for a Local letter and 300 Billion Marks for a Foreign letter.
    William

Grateful thanks to William and everyone else who has shared their collections of notes to make this an interesting read and a fine visual treat....many "likes" for all
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Great info William and terrific photos mate! I'm viewing them on my phone at the moment but I'll be having a proper look when I get home.

There are some more countries to go when I get around to them...Italy, Greece, Serbia, Denmark, Montenegro...to name a few.
    William

?

A very impressive collection William and one that no doubt took a long time to piece together. Thanks again for your presentation which has been a fine augmentation to the thread.

Regards,

Carl

?

Large lot of Fünk Kronen examples from the Protektorat Böhmen und Mähren.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.  

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast