Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.

Article about: More images of one of the scarce examples from KL-Flossenburg... This format of Pramienschein was utilised in several KLs. Regards, Carl

?

Default Re: SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.

I like it! That reminds me, I DO have a TR note somewhere that's "100,000,000 Marks"!! I kept it to remind me what the USD will be someday

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.

Lovely watermark sunsetIE, thanks for sharing that piece with us all.

Regards,

Carl

Your welcome! When i first came upon this note i thought it was fake because it had a ludicrous sum. I then remembered Europe was in the grip of the depression during that time, so such a huge number was not all that odd!

Quote by sunsetIE View Post
    I do not have any TR period notes, but i do have a 1923 5 million mark!
    Nice one ! Here one for 100 million Mark

Regards JT

Here is all that i have, the date on the 5 reichsmark is 1934 the year he became Fuhrer,
    cheers Ronnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.   SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.  

sunsetIE-not a depression in Germany but hyper inflation in 2 periods in the 1920s-was of benefit to the Nazis as people's savings became worthless overnight and they blamed the parties in power and other Nazi punching bags (Jews, foreigners, banks, the WW1 Allies etc). I framed 2 notes for a friend of mine as a present- a 1 mark note from 1922 and a 5 million mark note from a year later.

?

Nice displays gents. Regarding the economic struggles of Germany during the earlier period mentioned above, I remember reading a story a while ago, about somebody shopping for bread in Germany. They took a huge pile of banknotes to the bakers in a basket, turned around in the shop to look at something, and when they turned back, somebody had stolen the basket...but left the money on the floor in a heap. Incredible. One hopes that those times never return to haunt any of us...

Regards,

Carl

A little off the topic but the Zimbabwe 100 Trillion Dollar note is the highest denomination note ever issued by a govt-now THATS hyper inflation-also the 1910 Imperial Reichsbank note for 1000 RM-when printed you could have bought a fair chunk of Germany with it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.   SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.  

Quote by lithgow View Post
    A few German Nazi coins and one Norwegian occupation 2 Ore coin 1944-note the absence of the King on it!-also uncirculated 50 RM note 1940 featuring very, very plain 'Hausfrau'.
    Very nice Norwegian occupation coin. I think they started making them without the king in 1942.

Here is my moneyz:

Top: Coin from Danzig, 1932(My neighbor gave it to me)
    1st row:
    German coins.
    Coins are dating from 1938-1944(Missing 1943,1945)

2nd row:
    Norwegian 5 øre. These coins were all found in our old house, mysteriously enough there were no occupation coins.
    The coins date from 1937, 1939, 1940, 1941.

3rd row:
    Norwegian 1 øre. Dating from 1937, 1939 and 1941.

Continued 3rd row:
    Norwegian occupation coins, 1 øre from 1942 and 5 øre from 1944.

4th row:
    Norwegian 2 øre:
    Dating from 1928, 1936, 1939, 1940

Bottom:
    Norwegian 1 krone from 1940.

The bank note is a Norwegian 1 krone from 1944.

Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

Here is a beautiful example of another Third Reich period banknote that was in circulation during the Nazi occupation of Bohemia and Moravia. This is a 1 crown note, with German ink stamp marking over the original Czech. This was done during the 1938-1940 period, afterwhich, the banknotes produced were predominantly printed with German and Czech present alongside each other, such as is shown on the example on the second page of this thread.

Regards,

Carl

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast