Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.

Article about: More images of one of the scarce examples from KL-Flossenburg... This format of Pramienschein was utilised in several KLs. Regards, Carl

?

Default Re: SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.

Hello,

Thank you everyone for sharing your collection.

Ok, I'm going to post this canteen token, sorry it's a gloomy item after seeing all the beautiful banknotes and coins. I don't feel confident this token is original and was wondering if anyone knows about these? It has been uv tested and does smell old if that helps. I think it was a risky item to buy for a beginner.

regards,
    Steffy.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens. SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.
    P
    Many

Default Re: SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.

These did exist but are highly faked. I believe they were issued to the Kapos not the prisoners.

I believe Ade has one in his collection

nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hello Steffy and thanks for posting your premium coupon. I believe that your token is unfortunately a reproduction of the .50RM second pattern (I have attached an image of one of my first pattern 1RM examples) token that was issued at KZ Buchenwald. The "SS-Ko.Rottleberode" overstamp is the most common sub-camp marking. KZ Buchenwald had approximately 90 sub-camps. The camp scrip at Buchenwald had two distinctive varieties. Firstly, the tokens were marked Aussenkommando (outside work), then latterly without as shown below. As can be seen with the attached example, the original Buchenwald tokens were manufactured using very poor quality paper, hence the poor condition of surviving examples today. More recently produced pieces tend to have sharp, fine edges that like many forged documents, are often artificially aged. They also often display strong colour saturation too, and can be checked by a simple folding of the note. The originals are always very weak, and will flop, whereas reproductions tend to hold their form.

Regards,

Carl

UPDATE: Message sent to member Steffy regarding the above piece. I now believe that the piece shown stands a good chance of being genuine. Scorched edges may be present on original pieces, due to the SS attempting to destroy much of the remaining paperwork prior to the liberation of the camp. Genuine examples do have specific measurements and other characteristics, so the details have been sent to member Steffy. Hopefully, she will be able to confirm that the piece is indeed of the period.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.   SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.  

Last edited by CARL; 01-29-2013 at 03:39 PM.

?

Thanks guys. I doesn't feel good to know you have a fake, better now rather than later. Next time if I'm not sure I will post a picture into the forum.

regards,
    Steffy.

?

Recent additions...

Two denominations of the premium coupon in circulation at KZ Westerbork. For more information regarding these tokens, and the camp itself, there is a thread within this Paper items forum.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.   SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.  

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.   SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.  

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.   SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.  

?

More Theresienstadt denominations. These pieces, namely the 1Krone and 5Kronen, are amongst the more common denominations. The rarest being the 50Kronen note, which was shown earlier. The denominations were as follows, 1K, 2K, 5K, 10K and then the watermarked 20K, 50K and 100K. Seven in all, often sold as a set by dealers but be wary, many examples sold as a set are from the 1970's reproduction era. Colour saturation is what generally gives the more recent examples away.

Regards,

Carl

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.  
    Attached Images Attached Images SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.  SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.  SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens. 

?

Note the series number on the 1Krone note above, A001. The first of many...

Below is another example, this time a 2Kronen piece.

Regards,

Carl
    Attached Images Attached Images SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.  SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.  SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens. 

Hi.,

I share with you, my last purchase (I saw, I just bought).
    However I can not find information about it.
    Only that's a winterhilfswerk paper which earned 5 reichsmark in 1940.

Regards.,

Von River

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.

WWI 1918 10 Stadt Düren.
    Not third reich but i like it.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast