Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 65 of 119 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 115 ... LastLast

show your signed photos

Article about: Always looking for others interested in signed photos, military, civil, or political. Wartime or postwar. Here are four I favor in Luftwaffe, though I write on the SS have diverse areas of h

?

show your signed photos

Willi Noller flew 120 combat missions over Stalingrad with SchlachtGeschwader 2 "Immelmann"
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement show your signed photos
    P
    Many

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Oops forgot his name it is indeed Winrich Behr !!
    He passed away in 2011. I have googled him. There are a lot of information about him. Interesting story regarding his mission at Stalingrad too.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

He featured in quite a few documentaries as well ,his account of his struggle to enlighten Hitler as to the plight of the 6th Armee is very revealing !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Sadly I have to report that the starter of this thread and eminent Waffen SS author and historian Mark Yerger has passed away . Mark has been one of the leading historians of the Waffen SS and mentor to many who have followed in his footsteps in the study of these units and the men who served in them , a very sad day for all those interested in Military history , RIP Mark

1st July 1916

Default Walter Schmidt 5th SS Wiking

show your signed photosshow your signed photosshow your signed photos
    A signed photo, letter on personal stationery, and original envelope from Obersturmbannfuhrer Walter Schmidt of the SS Division Wiking.

Default Heinz Nowotnik KC photo

show your signed photosshow your signed photosHeinz Nowotnik SSLAH signed photograph and letter.

I have kept in contact with RvR since i first wrote him in 2012, it was to my surprise that parcel turned up today from him when we usually exchange a letter every few months.
    As the letter states there is a new book that has been published with his help about his father and he was generous enough to send me one of the the first copies. This shows how much of a true gentlemen these veterans are, no reason and at a cost to his own he does these things. A wonderful man.
    show your signed photos

Sad announcements of recent passing's:
    Hans Sachs 12.08.2016
    Justin Hönig 16.09.2016
    show your signed photos

I am beyond jeleous of this Scott, amazing!

Important Note

Hi guys,
    While it seems there is a lot of saddening RKT information coming these days so I have some good news for our RKT society that has flourished here.
    I have recently received a letter from Helmut V Leipzig, the second of which has come this year.
    After writing to him and telling him that i am part of a group that has a high respect for any veteran he and i have shared a nice correspondence. In the letter which I have received he listed some information that would be best past on to others who may write him. Firstly he is in very good health which is great to hear, he has just had an operation on his hand which is a long time coming. Due to this his writing is very shaky at the moment, however he still very much enjoys writing and reading letters.

He also asked me to pass on some information to general collecting community about photos people send him due to the internet labeling many photos of him incorrectly. He says that there are only two sets of photos online of him, firstly the post war ones of him in Essen in the Car he drove Rommel and other veteran meetings. The other is the posed photo of him in his DAK uniform and Cap. ( see below)

Essen

show your signed photos

Formal Photo

show your signed photos

And one other of him in the car which i can not find at the moment

He would like to raise the point that all the photos people send him below are not actually him. Two are just of other soldiers in N.Africa and the Formal photo is of his Brother Konrad who committed suicide in 1945

show your signed photos
    show your signed photos
    show your signed photos

Also He is no longer living at the Farm in Namibia so please no longer direct letters there, his friend has been retrieving letters from there since January.

Hope everyone is well and good luck with your collections
    Morris

Last edited by KMMorris; 10-06-2016 at 12:47 PM.

Page 65 of 119 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 115 ... LastLast