Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 98 of 119 FirstFirst ... 48 88 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 108 ... LastLast

show your signed photos

Article about: Always looking for others interested in signed photos, military, civil, or political. Wartime or postwar. Here are four I favor in Luftwaffe, though I write on the SS have diverse areas of h

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    one of my all time favourites Herbert Düppenbecker

Attachment 1326760
    Nice photo, Morris. Out of curiosity, what puts him in your favorite ranks?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement show your signed photos
    P
    Many

Well many reasons. Its a very crisp photo probably taken by a Leica II camera in October or November 1944.
    Düppenbecker is a full war combatant as you can see by his career progression bellow.
    He also was a Panzergrenadier, so he right at the cutting edge of many engagements as indicated by him winning both the bronze and silver Nahkampfspange.
    He features in a few books and is a true combat leader.

01-01-1937 Unteroffizier
    01-10-1938 Feldwebel
    01-02-1940 Leutnant
    01-04-1942 Oberleutnant
    01-06-1943 Hauptmann
    01-10-1944 Major

show your signed photos

Ernst Remer was one of the first to hear Adolf Hitler after Operation Valkyrie failed and was responsible for rounding up the conspirators)

show your signed photos

Hannah Reitsch was a famous test pilot in the Third Reich. She was the only woman to be awarded the Iron Cross, First Class during WW2.

show your signed photos

Hellmuth Reymann was was one of the last commanders to surrender during the final Soviet assaults in Battle of Berlin in 1945.

show your signed photos

Otto Funk was photographed during a brief moment of peace during the battle for Normandy in 1944. He had not slept for days and had been in near-constant combat when the picture was taken.

show your signed photos

Albert Speer - Hitler's chief architect and one of his closest associates.

show your signed photos

Feldmarschall Erwin Rommel

Great pics.
    There is a complete package of photos and urkunden of
    Ernst Remer In the up and coming Andreas Theis auction in the next month on 28th September

Orden, Ehrenzeichen und militarhistorische Antiquitaten - Auktionshaus Andreas Thies

Best
    Colin

finally got myself a Brandenburger Karl-Heinz Oesterwitz one the hardest Non SS RKTs to find.
    Have been looking for him for a few years and they never go for cheap

show your signed photos

This is not mine, however this is honesty one of the best photos of Deutsches Kreuz im Gold winner Max Lagoda I have ever seen.
    Im sure a few of you here may have been able to write to him as I did a long time ago.

show your signed photos

show your signed photos

Another duplicate in my collection. This is an original Hoffman postcard of Fritz Christen, the more common image I see within collectors' photos. Pretty sure the signature is postwar.

show your signed photos

Otto Kretschmer was the most successful U-Boat commander of WW2. As the commander of U-35, U-23, and U-99, he sank 47 merchant ships totaling 272,043 tons. He was captured in March 1943 and spent the rest of the war in captivity.

If you could show the back Salocin of your Fritz Christen photo that would be good, it is known he had a lot of his hoffman cards reprinted after the war to send out to people.
    I would agree with you its a post war one, very nice Kretschmer

Post war Hoffmann, i have the same card by him.

Page 98 of 119 FirstFirst ... 48 88 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 108 ... LastLast