Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Siegfried line at Saarbrücken?

Article about: Hello everybody, I received these 70th Infantry Division pictures of the 275th MED BAT and I was wondering if any of you guys recognizes the city as Saarbrücken or an other city? These pictu

Default Siegfried line at Saarbrücken?

Hello everybody,

I received these 70th Infantry Division pictures of the 275th MED BAT and I was wondering if any of you guys recognizes the city as Saarbrücken or an other city? These pictures are also on the 70th Association website and the webmaster and I tried to find out more information but no succes..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Siegfried line at Saarbrücken?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Siegfried line at Saarbrücken?

A bridge on a river and the city where i see there is a tramway.

?

Not sure of the City but nice shots !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks Paul! I have more pictures from the same album. The Ebay seller ripped the whole album apart and sold all the pictures in little sets or loose and unfortunately I wasn't able to buy them all..Found some pictures by fellow collectors and they sold the pictures to me as I only collect 70th ID but many pictures are still out there somewhere...And the album with all the information is probably gone? Sent an e-mail to the seller but I don't have much hope.. So the history behind these pictures is gone. That is why I am trying to find out where these pictures were taken.

@ Lebus12, those tram stations were popular in the bigger cities and searched many hours on google to see pictures of the Strassenbahn in Saarbrücken, but I couldn't find a 100% match. Perhaps you could be right on the bridge though..Still searching!

BTW: on the last picture you can see a black sign with white letters on it on the left. It says Metzgerei, Karl Sch?? and on the right you can see some letters on the building above the barrel of his M1 that say. ? ??eininger..Perhaps somebody can do something with the information.