Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Soldiers and animals :)

Article about: A shot of my friend and Neighbor starting up Gen Patton's spotter plane with his ever present dog Mac watching.

A shot of my friend and Neighbor starting up Gen Patton's
    spotter plane with his ever present dog Mac watching.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldiers and animals :)  
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldiers and animals :)
    P
    Many

A personal favorite of mine.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldiers and animals :)  

?

Great thread idea

There are some good images posted on this thread:

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/histor...s-dogs-153582/

My Pop and Nanna 1946 oh and a couple kittens..

IMG_0041 by Marc Russo (Australia), on Flickr

Does anyone remember Stubby. The WWI War Hero dog that saved lives. Sergeant Stubby (1916 or 1917 – April 4, 1926), was the most decorated war dog of World War I and the only dog to be promoted to sergeant through combat.

Stubby was the most decorated dog of World War I. He was adopted by Private J. Robert Conroy and became the mascot of the 102nd Infantry, Yankee Division. He learned a lot about military life including bugle calls and how to execute a salute with his paw. He was smuggled to France when his owner shipped out and allowed to stay when the commanding officer saw him salute.

After surviving exposure to gas, Stubby became invaluable as he had learned to recognize the scent and alert the human soldiers to its presence. He also could recognize English and was able to locate wounded soldiers and alert paramedics. He also was credited with capturing a German spy, who he tripped and attacked until American soldiers took him prisoner.

Stubby was wounded by a grenade and was sent to a Red Cross hospital, where upon his recovery, he became a therapy dog, comforting other soldiers. He was promoted to the rank of sergeant and received many medals, and became the first dog to be received by a sitting president, Woodrow Wilson. He later followed his master to Georgetown and became the Hoyas mascot.

Read more: http://www.cesarsway.com/node/1905#ixzz2l8kk1NCS
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Stubby was mounted and put on display after his death in the Smithsonian and can still be seen today wearing his "uniform" and medals. A Truly "Good Dog"!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Heres some snaps of animals in Afghan..The dog was called Big John.. & he use to survive on rations & pink morale "angel delight" & the kittens well they used to come around for some milk & then sh*t on the GPMG's lol...I used to have ginger cat that would kip on my cot during the day..Excellent friends.I can tell a good story about big John... Cheers Terry.Soldiers and animals :)Soldiers and animals :)Soldiers and animals :)

My dad in 79 or 80

The murderous SS-Hauptscharführer Gerhard Palitzsch—Rapportführer in Stammlager-Auschwitz I

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Wojtek the Soldier Bear!

Wojtek (1942–1963) was a Syrian brown bear cub found in Iran and adopted by soldiers of the 22nd Artillery Supply Company of the Polish II Corps. During the Battle of Monte Cassino, Wojtek helped move ammunition. The name "Wojtek" is a diminutive form of "Wojciech", an old Slavic name that is still common in Poland today and means "he who enjoys war" or "smiling warrior".

In order for the men of the 22nd to keep "their" Wojtek with them when 2PolCorps was to be shipped from its bases in Italy to Great Britain for demobilisation Wojtek the Soldier Bear was enlisted into the British Army and issued with a soldiers number and paybook and was thus able to arrive in the UK with his comrades-in-arms—as a serving soldier
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast